By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo games deserve the popularity and critical acclaim?

If people like something, they like it. Get over it. You can't question if something deserves to be popular or not.

The 90% reviews, however... Halo 1 and 2 maybe, but not Halo 3. COD4 pretty much changed the standard for console FPS and Halo 3 doesn't even come close to it in any way.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:

The 90% reviews, however... Halo 1 and 2 maybe, but not Halo 3. COD4 pretty much changed the standard for console FPS and Halo 3 doesn't even come close to it in any way.

Even if you're right about COD4, what does that have to do with Halo 3's reviews? Halo 3 came out a month-and-a-half before COD4; by the time COD4 "changed the standard", the Halo 3 reviews were already done.

(Personally I don't agree aout COD4, but then again my favorite online FPS is Team Fortress 2.)

Absolutely. The Halo games are great. Inflated review scores dont sell 10 million copies of a game that consistantly sells over 30k a week 2 years after release.

I don't play online much, but as far as story mode goes...

Halo 1 is downright awesomesauce.
Halo 2 is ...alright...
Halo 3 is......... okay....

=\

Everything about Halo 1's story mode is so much more enjoyable for me. Well, besides the fact that the Flood are somewhat O.P. Sometimes they just really piss me off.

So, theres no COD MW hate threads huh?

Anything to do with it been multiplat perhaps?

There are COD MW haters out there........... but anyone who opposes it is verbally abused by both ps3 AND 360 fans.

Thats the difference.

I like COD MW, i just don't think it's as good a game as some people make it out to be. (Short campaign, like what? 5 hours)

There will always be Halo haters (Nintendo fans who hold a torch to metroid, and sony fans who drool over Killzone 2's graphics)

Around the Network

yes. Now go play your games.

Ronster316 said:

There are COD MW haters out there........... but anyone who opposes it is verbally abused by both ps3 AND 360 fans.

Thats the difference.

I like COD MW, i just don't think it's as good a game as some people make it out to be. (Short campaign, like what? 5 hours)

There will always be Halo haters (Nintendo fans who hold a torch to metroid, and sony fans who drool over Killzone 2's graphics)

if you really want a cod hate thread ill start one i think the controls are crap, and ive never liked its online, the story was better then that prior in the series, but the AI still sucks. 

best fps controls rainbow six vegas... honestly i wish you could port controls between games, id probably use that games controls for everything... but then i enjoy slower paced games, and i still have that there is no longer 8 player co-op in the rainbow series, and that they spead it up too much, much like the changes in the ghost recon series drove me away from it...

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Ronster316 said:

Thats the difference.

I actually haven't seen a single one so far since ive been here.

And being Multiplat has nothing to do with it, WaW got a lot of hate from a lot of people.

Carl2291 said:
Ronster316 said:

Thats the difference.

I actually haven't seen a single one so far since ive been here.

And being Multiplat has nothing to do with it, WaW got a lot of hate from a lot of people.

Halo gets hate.......... 360 exclusive

Killzone 2 gets hate......... ps3 exclusive.

Multiplats that are half decent generally get a free pass in the hate department due to them been multiplat, its as simple as that.

And you may not have seen any COD hate threads because they are generally ignored (kinda like good microsoft news on this site)

goddog said:
Ronster316 said:

Thats the difference.

if you really want a cod hate thread ill start one i think the controls are crap, and ive never liked its online, the story was better then that prior in the series, but the AI still sucks. 

best fps controls rainbow six vegas... honestly i wish you could port controls between games, id probably use that games controls for everything... but then i enjoy slower paced games, and i still have that there is no longer 8 player co-op in the rainbow series, and that they spead it up too much, much like the changes in the ghost recon series drove me away from it...

I'm with you on that one.............. 5 hour campaign? BAH.

Rather annoying and stupid AI.......... check.

Aiming pop in and out? wheres the skill in that?

But as i said before, when either a ps3 or 360 fan starts a COD dislike thread it is usually ignored and falls in to obscurity.

In other news today............ Halo 3 ODST is "really underwhelming" says one random reviewer................ 80 posts and growing. tut tut tut