By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Microsoft such a hated company around here?

And for the record. The PS3 fanboys on this site are tame. If you want to see real fanboys, go to N4G and click on the comments for any article related to Mass Effect 2 or Forza 3. The meltdowns on there are epic.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:
StanGable said:
Fab_GS said:
This site is full of PS3 fans. That's why.

This post wins the thread. If one truly looks at the amount of Sony fanboys in the site they totally outnumber those of us that like other consoles. Even the Wii supporters are outnumbered vastly.

While the 360 fanbase here is significantly smaller than PSWii... your red statement is so wrong, on so many levels.

And i have proof.

That isn't proof. That's crap. Nintendo has made some of the best games in the industry. Sega, Atari, Microsoft, Sony, and all of them have made some of the best games, but Nintendo has put out more of them.

But how the hell do you explain this:

www.vgchartz.com/poll/results.php

Most polls show clear favor to Sony when the Big 3 are involved. Look, the April 15th poll, "I don't care. I hate the Wii." was the most popular option.

No its not crap, it shows how many more gamers prefer Nintendo compared to Sony + MS.

If this site was as over run with Sony/PS3 fanboys as people make it out to be, MGS4 or FF7 would have been number 1

As for the Poll's, they look to be more Sony/PS3 forward, but that doesn't necessarily show that there are more Sony/PS3 fans in the forums.

But then again, when pointed towards the poll's it still rubbishes Stan's comments about Wii fans being "vastly" outnumbered.

There are definitely more Sony fans than Microsoft fans (on this site and in the population as a whole) and when they speak, Microsoft fans feel put upon.  Some fans of each camp are, of course, fanboys and trolls, whatever those terms mean. 

But there are a core of 360 thread-starters that specialize in being provocative and backhanding other consoles, or if you will, trolling.

To me, it comes down to this: if you START a thread trying to present a crazily one-sided view (pro- your console, and anti-another), you should expect contradictory responses and it's not the responder's fault who enters your thread -- no matter WHAT forum the thread appears in -- the shit was precipitated by the person putting forth a skewed (often trolling) view in their OP and thread title.  The masters of this are Squilliam, gebx, starcraft, Legend11, et al.  I'd mention more names but some are central in this thread and it might not be productive.

If you don't want the responses, do not create or frame your thread in such a way that WILL draw them out.  The forum you put your thread in is NOT cover -- especially not when you use the thread to backhand another console.

If you start the thread, do not bitch about the contrary views that you have drawn out.  Stick to the content of the discussion if the responders are and do not imply that they have no right to post -- they are posting because of your craftily constructed thread, after all.

This advice, if followed, would help some of the sore feelings here.  The way many threads are created and framed here ...well, they piss people off.

edit to add: Obviously, it's not just the thread starter that has no right to complain, it's also all the other people in his camp, too, if we're talking about a thread that was started to troll, backhand, or cut against another console or group.  The problem is just that the crap thread was started in the first place to rile people up.

JaggedSac said:
And for the record. The PS3 fanboys on this site are tame. If you want to see real fanboys, go to N4G and click on the comments for any article related to Mass Effect 2 or Forza 3. The meltdowns on there are epic.

MS fans barely last longer than 2 minutes on N4PS3G.

The second you say anything bad about sony (even if its justified like........ "they should advertise more") it's bye bye bubbles and 1000 replys that are so foul mouthed and crude that you just don't bother replying cos you got so many people instantly on your back)

NG4 is without a doubt the biggest breeding ground for sony fanboys on the whole net.

JaggedSac said:

That's why I left N4G and came here as even now it's less biased against the Wii and 360 and in favour of Sony.

N4G fanidiots have gone from making any valid points to being the gaming worlds joke.
Go to most blogs when a story of theirs has been posted on N4G and their regular posters can pinpoint the time Sony fanboys from N4G hijack their comments board

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

There are definitely more Sony fans than Microsoft fans (on this site and in the population as a whole) and when they speak, Microsoft fans feel put upon.  Some fans of each camp are, of course, fanboys and trolls, whatever those terms mean. 

But there are a core of 360 thread-starters that specialize in being provocative and backhanding other consoles, or if you will, trolling.

To me, it comes down to this: if you START a thread trying to present a crazily one-sided view (pro- your console, and anti-another), you should expect contradictory responses and it's not the responder's fault who enters your thread -- no matter WHAT forum the thread appears in -- the shit was precipitated by the person putting forth a skewed (often trolling) view in their OP and thread title.  The masters of this are Squilliam, gebx, starcraft, Legend11, et al.  I'd mention more names but some are central in this thread and it might not be productive.

If you don't want the responses, do not create or frame your thread in such a way that WILL draw them out.  The forum you put your thread in is NOT cover -- especially not when you use the thread to backhand another console.

If you start the thread, do not bitch about the contrary views that you have drawn out.  Stick to the content of the discussion if the responders are and do not imply that they have no right to post -- they are posting because of your craftily constructed thread, after all.

This advice, if followed, would help some of the sore feelings here.  The way many threads are created and framed here ...well, they piss people off.

edit to add: Obviously, it's not just the thread starter that has no right to complain, it's also all the other people in his camp, too, if we're talking about a thread that was started to troll, backhand, or cut against another console or group.  The problem is just that the crap thread was started in the first place to rile people up.

I notice you single MS fanboys out.

What about Sony or Ninty fanboys?

patapon said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Patapon you clearly don't get the gist of the post if you think it's one-sided for no reason. Whats the topic about?

Or you're who i'm talking about.

You talked about how Sony fanboys are the worst. I'm saying that all fanboys are equally bad. It you traverse the internet, you'll see all types of fanboy retardation. To think that one side is worse than the other is one-sided without question. 

No it's not.

The sheer volume and childish antics of Sony fanboys on the internet (N4G, playstation fanboy blogs) swing it in their favour.
Go traverse the internet and you'll see what I mean. Start with the comments section of any MS thread in N4G then go to the Sony section and read their comments.

See a difference.

Next find a story in the sony section that isn't proclaiming Sony the next saviour, the story doesn't have to even be negative just not an all out arse kissing fest, and follow the link to the original site and see the comments there.

Go to psextreme or the many other PS fanboy blogs and read their comments.

It far outweighs anything MS and Wii fanboys do.

When a Sony thread is clear from trolls but the Wii and 360 sections aren't then it means the Sony fanboys are worse and it will remain so until MS or Wii fanboys pull the same shit in greater numbers.

Lord Flashheart said:

I notice you single MS fanboys out.

What about Sony or Ninty fanboys?

In terms of troll thread starters on this website, there is no comparison here.  We could compile full lists if you want, but I think it's a foregone conclusion and most people know it.

Thus, this is different than factors that can apply to all groups.

Only other factor I mentioned is which camp has more fans here, and my answer is the same as yours: Sony.  At least when it comes to Sony vs. Microsoft.  That one can't be turned around and applied the other way, either.

because simply nothing interesting happened on their side of the coin?
and they don't make rumors and crap like sony does.

since bill left as ceo microsoft has gone down the  shitter, after he left out comes vista and the 360, vista just fuckin sucks and the 360 is too unreliable(i had 3 ppl come in with the red ings today) and everything is proprietary, harddrives for a ps3 are 500gb for 70$ and its 120gb for 150$ on 360 WTF, and also the wireless mics, they dont ssually last very long either and 60$ a pop, compared to 20$ for a generic bluetooth one, oh and the zune, dont even get me started on the zune, awesome mp3 player when it decides to run fuckin mp3's, i tried to run a song and it said unrecognizable format i was like what the hell, i just played this song an hour ago, and it crashed on me, 250$ right down the drain, now they are comin out with win 7 it started with a proprietary browser IE, which really sux and u had to perform a hack on the os itself to install firefox or google chrome, if they dont start to pull their heads out their asses with win7 they are toast,

honestly if the 360 was more reliable it wouldnt be a proplem, i like the system and it has some awesome games but damn man, went through 6 systems in 10 months, thats crazy.

and one last question, why would someone be loyal to microsoft anyway, to me they just arent worth it anymore, what the hell have they done for anybody?