By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Microsoft such a hated company around here?

almcchesney said:
i think microsoft is hated cuz they really arent that good, they have next to no morels they have done countless copyright infringement over the years, even vista is an attempt turn windows into the mac OS X, they continue to fail and never own up to it.

LOL how many times has sony and Nintendo been sued for copyright infringement in the last 10 years on gaming related issues? A lot. From rumble, to the Wiimote, they have been sued.  As for the operating systems, have you ever seen Pirates of Silicon Valley? If not go give it a rent, apple isn't exactly an inovator in Operating Systems (poor xerox development team).

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Xoj said:
i actually hate microsoft because their software,
hardware its bad also, but i only have owned a zune from them ( tons of dead pixels).

I have 4 ipods(3 are not workig anymore) and have 2 zunes right now. Ipod is inferior to zune in every way but "cool factor".

Zune software also rapes Itunes on a PC atleast when it comes to ease of use, exporting songs, syncing... whats tehre to hate about MS software?

When I first joined VGCHARTZ I considered it to mostly be pro-MS.

Face reality, man. At some point all systems and companies get attacked here.

Why do you think you need to defend MS? Do they need your help?

I used your qoute. In your opion zune is better. That's subjective. Thats no reason for me to interpret that as Apple hate.

I have nothing against MS but I sometimes think it is like a bad smell. You can't get away from it.

I use windows all day at work. I have to use it at home because....well work related reasons. Then I had an xbox.

Overdose of MS IMO.

I don't hate Microsoft, I may dislike them some times but not hate.

The Company I hate is Nintendo, I hate their stance on graphical technology, I like progression in graphical tech, either in animation, movie effects, and games, and Nintendo stance is just backwards in regards to my own.

Now I wouldn't hate them if they were third place, because if they were they'd have no influence to how the industry as a whole goes, but the fact their in power now means they could influence the industry away from the progression in tech, at least for gaming...and to be honest I don't like it one bit...yes I am a graphics whore ok...I like my graphics just like I like my woman, hot sexy and beautiful to look at.

Also, I know some people will cite the PC, but I use to be a PC gamer before all the bullshit of retail games being locked by some retarded DRM system, the console are free from that crap, and the HD consoles are the next best thing.

just my 2 cents.

Out of all the forums I've been too I can say that VGC is the most tame and probably even website of them all. I had to leave N4G, Gametrailers, Gamefaqs, Gamespot and IGN just because of the sheer idoiocy that fanboys wreak on those sites. VGC is a welcomed change and It and PSU.Com are they only forums I go to since it seems the most level-headed people in gaming are there.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

This is the most level headed in my experience as well.
Probably why other places try to discredit it so much.