By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Microsoft such a hated company around here?

Honestly I don't have anything against microsoft but that accounts for windows but as for 360 they can shove it I gave up after replacing my 7th 360 in the space of a year and a half

Around the Network

probably because they copy off of everyone, especially off sony.
first games,
then songs,
AND NOW
then instruction manuals

dharh said:

Personally im a little jaded against MS because of their track record. The original XBOX was a disaster as far as im concerned. And the ~50% failure rate of the X360 still sticks in my mind. I cannot shake the feeling that im going to turn on my X360 someday only to see RROD. Im sorry but even if MS bends over backwards with extending warranties and no cost repairs it still sucks monkey nuts to have to ship my X360 if it ever does fail.

Despite that though, I did buy an X360.

How was xbox 1 a disaster? System was rock solid. It had better support than Gamecube. It continued with online play where dreamcast left off and most importantly of all, it was MS's first shot at a console...

I can admit i hate the 360, but that's because when i owned the console it RROD 4 times which i find unacceptable.

disolitude said:
dharh said:

Personally im a little jaded against MS because of their track record. The original XBOX was a disaster as far as im concerned. And the ~50% failure rate of the X360 still sticks in my mind. I cannot shake the feeling that im going to turn on my X360 someday only to see RROD. Im sorry but even if MS bends over backwards with extending warranties and no cost repairs it still sucks monkey nuts to have to ship my X360 if it ever does fail.

How was xbox 1 a disaster? System was rock solid. It had better support than Gamecube. It continued with online play where dreamcast left off and most importantly of all, it was MS's first shot at a console...

It was really big and ugly looking. It's first few years weren't that great, mostly fueled by Halo. Having better support than the Gamecube means very little. I give it credit for online, but being Microsoft's first console doesn't make it any more impressive. Hell, look at the first consoles of Nintendo and Sony. The NES and the Playstation. Enough said.

Around the Network

As a MS fanboy, i am also getting sick of all the hates towards them. It's getting crazy around, we even had Sony fan go and Google every MS bad news and post them on the forums. If this continues, i will create a thread or two to announce my leaving of the site.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MontanaHatchet said:
disolitude said:
dharh said:

It was really big and ugly looking. It's first few years weren't that great, mostly fueled by Halo. Having better support than the Gamecube means very little. I give it credit for online, but being Microsoft's first console doesn't make it any more impressive. Hell, look at the first consoles of Nintendo and Sony. The NES and the Playstation. Enough said.

Well the looks thing is really streching it... the thing had a hard drive, was most powerful by far and built in network jack. It needed room for all components. Yeah the design wasn't really award winning but quite frankly...I don't care what console looks like, neither should you.

I honestly think that it could not have gone any better. The whole idea behind Xbox was to use directX and help provide easy PC to console ports. To do online connectivity and online network. Have great games and new experiences on a console. And to stop the runaway success of the Playstation brand.

The only disaster MS had with Xbox 1 was that they lost all those billions trying to compete with Sony who obviously could not be stopped...

disolitude said:
MontanaHatchet said:
disolitude said:
dharh said:

Well the looks thing is really streching it... the thing had a hard drive, was most powerful by far and built in network jack. It needed room for all components. Yeah the design wasn't really award winning but quite frankly...I don't care what console looks like, neither should you.

I honestly think that it could not have gone any better. The whole idea behind Xbox was to use directX and help provide easy PC to console ports. To do online connectivity and online network. Have great games and new experiences on a console. And to stop the runaway success of the Playstation brand.

The only disaster MS had with Xbox 1 was that they lost all those billions trying to compete with Sony who obviously could not be stopped...

I recall u stating the PS3 Slims design as a reason for not wanting one.....

This site is full of PS3 fans. That's why.

Xxain said:
disolitude said:
MontanaHatchet said:
disolitude said:
dharh said:

I recall u stating the PS3 Slims design as a reason for not wanting one.....

You recal wrong. I said that it not having backwards compatibility is a reason to get an old 60gb with BC. It being slim doesn't mean one should buy it as looks dont matter