By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Microsoft such a hated company around here?

Lord Flashheart said:
Just wow at the people owning up to hating a company.

Anyway I don't get how they get so much hate or how Sony fanboys on every site go round crying that MS trolls are in every site doing what they do.

You say one negative and it can be accurate thing about Sony and you have a load of ridiculous childish insulting replies usually involving 'the list' and how great Sony are.

For instance whenever some Sony fan says 'PS3 has the best games' thats fine. MS fan says it and its 'well thats subjective' you talk about Sony trolls and its 'but why are you singling them out what about MS or ninty trolls' yet when someone talks about MS trolls its all agreement.
Where's the subjectivity there?

The answer is its down to fanboys.
A few negative although could be accurate articles about MS and it's fact (even if it comes from a Sony fanboy blog)
One negative although could be accurate article about Sony from a credible news source and its 'teh hole interwebz iz after uz' and the impartial news source (no not fox) is paid off by MS or run by xbots.

That's what happens when the first console they was old enough to own was a PS2.

Get used to it. You can't open their eyes to how bad Sony fanboys are as they refuse to see it.
And they'll see Sony hate everywhere. Insecurities I think.

This has got to be the most one sided post I've seen all week. You claim that when MS gets bagged, the results in a no show, but if Sony does, O SHIT, DUCK FOR COVER!!! That's absoultly rediculous. Whenever ANY company is attacked, somewhere on the internet, fanboy will be a fighting.

And another thing, Sony fanboys aren't worse than MS fanboys or Nintendo fanboys. A fanboy is a fanboy and i've seen all variations of them, including pc elitists, say some pretty stupid shit.

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Just wow at the people owning up to hating a company.

Anyway I don't get how they get so much hate or how Sony fanboys on every site go round crying that MS trolls are in every site doing what they do.

You say one negative and it can be accurate thing about Sony and you have a load of ridiculous childish insulting replies usually involving 'the list' and how great Sony are.

For instance whenever some Sony fan says 'PS3 has the best games' thats fine. MS fan says it and its 'well thats subjective' you talk about Sony trolls and its 'but why are you singling them out what about MS or ninty trolls' yet when someone talks about MS trolls its all agreement.
Where's the subjectivity there?

The answer is its down to fanboys.
A few negative although could be accurate articles about MS and it's fact (even if it comes from a Sony fanboy blog)
One negative although could be accurate article about Sony from a credible news source and its 'teh hole interwebz iz after uz' and the impartial news source (no not fox) is paid off by MS or run by xbots.

That's what happens when the first console they was old enough to own was a PS2.

Get used to it. You can't open their eyes to how bad Sony fanboys are as they refuse to see it.
And they'll see Sony hate everywhere. Insecurities I think.

This is all reversible and can be said about MS fans, and is therefore vacuous.  For instance:

And they'll see Microsoft hate everywhere. Insecurities I think.

My point being you only here that it works both ways when talking about Sony fanboys, they're never so pragmatic when talking about MS fanboys.

Glad YOU agree about the insecurity

Patapon you clearly don't get the gist of the post if you think it's one-sided for no reason. Whats the topic about?

Or you're who i'm talking about.

patapon said:
I'm curious as to why you feel a need to make a tread about this. Okay, so MS topics don't dominate the VGC forums and sometimes MS ones are negative... yeah, I don't get what your problem is.

It's seems like you take attacks aginst MS as personal attakes. I mean why do you feel a need to be THE DEFENDER OF MICROSOFT? That sounds so silly

Oh yea, my favorite corporate conglomerate is getting hated on by some internet trolls, let me go post about how bad that makes me feel!

That's all i'm hearing here. I'll be honest and say that I love the games that Sony puts out. Because of that, I guess one could call me a 'Sony fan'. Ever since the ps3 launched, Sony's been getting hit pretty hard with "PS3 IS DOOMED" , "SONY SUKS!!!" and the ever classic "PS3 AINT GOT GAMES".

Do I get angry at this? Absolutely not. Do I care about what others think? Heeell no. Do I respond to these opinions with frustration by saying the Wii or Xbox Suks? Not at all. And you shouldn't either.

Plus, it's not like MS is overly hated and the two other companies aren't. It all depends on what forums your visiting to be honest. Most are biased with Xbots, Nintendrones, or Sony fanboys tipping the scales in a particular direction. If you want a really good source of diverse, unbiased news and an intelligent community, go to Kotaku. But in the meantime, just chillaxe :D

I dont feel like or want to be the "defender of microsoft" however I like coming here and posting. Its getting rather annoying seeing Jaggedsac or whoever post some great xbox or Zune news...only to see the topic be gone within an hour or two cause no one has anything negative to say about it.

Im just saying that community is seeing a lot of xbox users leave...madskilz hardly posts, GebX was well, kicked out...starcraft is hardly around. VGChartz is just becoming a hostile area for xbox users. No one likes to read negativity all the time hence they go somewhere elese.

And Kotaku is great for news but their forums suck :)

Disolitude, Madskillz is a great member, but Gebx and Starcraft are big time trolls. At least Starcraft learned to be a better member over time, but Gebx was just a whiny, passive aggressive troll. I'm so glad him and Legend are gone. If the 360 fanboys on this site have to act like, well, what they act like, then I don't want them here anyways.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
My honest answer is the MS camp spends alot of time putting down/trolling/participating in other camps and not enough time promoting or hyping anything MS/Xbox...ive also notice that MS section is soo quiet

disolitude...my post from earlier, I rarely ever see MS camp hyping anything XBOX related..its always a negative SONY thread/article, look at SONY and NINTENDO camps we always hype or promote are games/console we dont( or very rarely ) waste time posting flamebait threads and articles...MS camp needs to follow this and start promoting shit..talk about ur consoles/games not everybody else's

Why do i not like microsoft -

- Richest corporation in the world, a lucrative windows monopoly to continue being so, but this is not enough for them?? They entered the console race to protect windows, only 2ndly do they actually want to be a part of the business. They want to kill playstation brand and do Whatever it takes to do it.

- Get you in cheap, nickle and dime you to death business model. It does work, but it is dishonest and gives gaming a bad rep when people find out they have all these hidden charges they need to pay(not to mention overpriced proprietary periferals). They're strong-arming yearly live fees onto unsuspecting individuals when they don't have to, and after you pay for they still put adds right in your face.

-Rushed faulty hardware, Had a friend with a 360, it broke so he just bought a new one (didn't know about warranty I'm sure this is fairly common) to replace it. That one broke - so he's given up on gameing - good job MS. I was at another friends house playing 360 midway through the thing died on us and we had to go do other stupid things at the bbq instead.

Are these reasons not just?

Xxain
Anything positive MS gets hijacked by you Sony guys. Or don't you see that?

Geb-X got kicked out??? Wait...are we talking about the same person here? Cause he didn't get kicked out. Did you not see the thread he made?

Lord Flashheart said:
Xxain
Anything positive MS gets hijacked by you Sony guys. Or don't you see that?

dude it usually gets hijacked because of a flamebait comment which is just asking for a War