By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Microsoft such a hated company around here?

I logged in to VGchartz today looking to discuss some gaming and see some gamign news...for my 360. 

However one cant help but feel that topics that get any attention on this site that are about xbox360 are ones that are negative about Microsoft.

Here is the snapshot of the front page when I logged in.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_m4ygvA6-tB0/SplwiFUlJTI/AAAAAAAAAG4/po2dAw33FrI/s640/microsoft.jpg

You will see many wonderful topics such as

"AdHoc Party to release next week for NA PS3?" and "Some retailers already sold out of PS3 Slim" and "Remembering Super Mario Sunshine 08/26/02"

However, the only 2 microsoft topics on the home page are "Microsoft holding back 360 Champions online" and "BBC:Microsoft in web photo racism row".

This is a constant occurance on this forum as news stories about good thigns MS is doing with 360, Windows or anything that gets posted else dissapear rather quickly from the discussion. Only negative stories get much attention.

So I ask, what's the deal? Did Microsoft personally do wrong to majority of people on this forum? Or are you just following the herd? I know its sometimes cool to hate and all...but this is getting rather rediculous.

Comments? Thoughts?

Around the Network

I now Hate microsoft because is a company which lives just because of the work of one person in the past years: without Bill Microsoft would have never existed, and even if it would have gone out of MS 10 years before it has at this time they would have been died...it's all my honest opinion, maybe they deserve to continue living...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

One day, you look at the hot topics, see two microsoft threads, and yell "Hate"?

Actually, I think it is due to the low amount of 360 fans for some reason. Not sure about that reason though.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Your joking right?

I see lots of good things about the 360 all the time, its just not today...

Because the Xbox brand just straight up sucks?

They're just not as good as Playstation and Nintendo. That simple.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

2 months ago, the front page was full of ps3 is going to make sony bankrupt & ps3 is doomed articles

it happens with everyone

Most of the 360 fans hang around on sites like Gamespot. And I doubt this site (due to its low number of 360 fans), has a great reputation among the online 360 community.

Bill is an awesome guy.
360 had a horrible failure rate, and xbox only had a small handful of good games.

xbox just seems to represent the "extreme" American asshole, who is very much loathed already.

I personally think the system is much better since the last time I owned one. I just don't want to pay for live. Shadow complex rules btw.

:D I am so happy my adhoc thread was mentioned here.

kk, now on topic.. You can't blame the people developing Champions, Microsoft's networking policy is bad, which is what is limiting MMORPG's on it. This is exactly why FF 14 online was mentioned for PS3 and not xbox360. On the other hand, many people hate Microsoft because they, most of the time, develop 2nd rate products, for example, Windows OS. God, I hate that OS, I admit, I am currently using it because my Mac died. Just look at the Xbox360, if they would have waited maybe a couple more months before launch, it might not have had the RRoD problem, but since they wanted to launch first, it has a 50% failure rate.. are you not hearing this properly? Let me repeat, 50!!!% failure rate, in engineering classes, I am taught that this is an engineering disaster.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Your joking right?

I see looks of good things about the 360 all the time, its just not today...

Im not joking and its not jsut today. Think about it...anything microsoft does well and is sucessful is hated and everything they don't do well is...well also hated.

Windows? Universally hated...

Halo? Hated...

Zune? Not popular enough for people to care, but if it gets popular, it will be hated.

Topics around here all center around Windows and IE losing market share, google kicking ms in search, 360 failure rate, MS keeping the small developer down.

For first part of 2009 it was "MS doesn't have software PS3 does"...no one was talking about price. Now that MS has software coming out in late 2009 and 2010, its all about price and PS3 slim.

Im just saying, I am rarely acive in wii forums and PS3 ones I visit for multiplats. On Ms forums this site is beyond biased...

Don't get me wrong, I still love my VGchartz but its getting to a point where I feel I have to defend 360 with every post. Tehre is always something negative about it and most of it is untrue...