By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Microsoft such a hated company around here?

candy2500 said:
i know it seems that way disolitude but there is plenty of XBox people on all the forums. the thing is i think 360 players are busy enjoying the huge lineup of games and are playing and just don't have the time anymore for the foolish excesses and tolling as they did before.

when you have enough time to post in forums, methinks you need a new 360 game

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Xoj said:
i actually hate microsoft because their software,
hardware its bad also, but i only have owned a zune from them ( tons of dead pixels).

I have 4 ipods(3 are not workig anymore) and have 2 zunes right now. Ipod is inferior to zune in every way but "cool factor".

Zune software also rapes Itunes on a PC atleast when it comes to ease of use, exporting songs, syncing... whats tehre to hate about MS software?

!!!!!! me too ipods are CRAP.

i had a ipod mini 6gb the thing HDD die every 3 months.

americans can't make hardware.

i only buy japanese now, well and nokia.

disolitude said:
Xoj said:
hardware its bad also, but i only have owned a zune from them ( tons of dead pixels).

I have 4 ipods(3 are not workig anymore) and have 2 zunes right now. Ipod is inferior to zune in every way but "cool factor".

Zune software also rapes Itunes on a PC atleast when it comes to ease of use, exporting songs, syncing... whats tehre to hate about MS software?

Windows Vista. And before that Windows Millenium, and before it Windows 98....Oh, those years, MS not only made life miserable, they also made WORK even more miserable , lol....

I believe nintendo and sony fanboys hate the 360 because microsoft stole all the good third party games, and has the best library this gen. How could you hate the console with the best games, thats just plain crazy.

DaBuddahN said:
theprof00 said:
windows is not second rate os.

name me any other os that is capable of using 99.9% of all hardware and software on the market, with as few glitches, as much ease of use, and as mucha ccessibility.

Yes I will make this thread a windows VS thread, because nothing compares.

Just because it can use 99.9% of software doesn't mean it is NOT second rate, it's like saying a Hummer is fuel efficient because it has all the gadgets a vehicle can have. Do not get me wrong, Windows has its uses, and I am not a Mac fanboy, I have my bone to pick with Apple aswell.. But in terms of software architecture, Mac OSX is far superior than Windows.

I agree. Mac OS are much better built, but they are specialized for their applications and hardware. Yes you can use pc hardware now, but not any hardware.

Windows is still DLL and Registry hell. That is a horrible build, that is why it has so many glitches and exploits and Viruses are so easy to make for it. Few glitches? Where have you been the past 3 years since Vista Launched? Why do you think they are making Windows 7? Vista was universally hated because it had so many glitches and was incompatible with so much software it was ridiculous. Never before has Microsoft released a new OS so fast after just releasing one (namely Windows Vista) save maybe.. Windows ME to Windows XP, I think the time-span between those two was just as short if not a bit shorter.

windows me was the worst. But I digress, I am not saying that it is the least glitchy, I said it was the least glitchy while also having great compatibility. You wanna talk only about Vista then? Vista is just basically a console with partial BC. A lot of software and hardware had to be readdressed, but the things that Vista, and in particular vista64 can do, make the other iterations look limp.

Around the Network
dontmakemelaf said:
disolitude said:
Xoj said:

Windows Vista. And before that Windows Millenium, and before it Windows 98....Oh, those years, MS not only made life miserable, they also made WORK even more miserable , lol....

Windows vista may have been rough at first but I have it today in its latest version and it rapes any other OS I've ever used. Millenium was known to be terrible and was quickly upgraded to windows 2000. Whats wrong with win 98?

It aint hate, but this site is overrun with PS fanboys and Wii fanboys just look at the overall posts per system.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

gansito said:
I believe nintendo and sony fanboys hate the 360 because microsoft stole all the good third party games, and has the best library this gen. How could you hate the console with the best games, thats just plain crazy.

Most MS hate comes form newly creted accounts that are PS3 fanboys. Usually with a michael jackson pic...lol

^you never used Win98?? oh, I don't have time for this, it's just so off topic too. Let's just say it should've been called Windows BLUE.

50 said let em hate while the money keeps piling.

Same can be said for MS, who makes more profit even with the 360 losing money sometimes, then any company could have ever dreamed of.

Second place FTW.

It's just that simple.