By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect.

JEDE3 said:
kitler53 said:
omg, mass effect multiplatness. the rumor that just won't die. it's getting to be worse than the mgs4 multplat rumor.

That's impossible. Bioware is pretty much admitting it's a possibility... just not right now. While Kojima, Sony, and Konami all shot the rumor down immediatly... but they kept coming.

october 11th 2007 it was announced that EA was going to buy bioware.  we have almost hit the 2 year anniversary of the mass effect on ps3 rumor and we still have no announcements.  i'd say this rumor is definetly giving msg4 a run for it's money.

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

lol... bioshock? rock band? madworld? conduit? NMH? left for dead? heavenly sword? VC? DS? resistance? infamous? there are ton of great ones.

You can list all you want. I didn't say "the only new IP of this generation." I said the greatest, and i stand by that statement.

Wow... completely flew over your head... well maybe this one wont... I say LAIR is the greatest new IP this gen.

Oh no, I understand what it means to be subjective. You could call LAIR the greatest new IP, and simply put, you'd be wrong. If you were to rank the new IPs of the generation, and you were able to have people rank the various aspects of it, as well as how highly they recommend it to friends, I can virtually guarantee that ME would score the highest. I'm never impressed by game trailers or hype. I was convinced to play mass effect by recommendations by friends who had played it through multiple times. Then I went on to show friends the game and at least 2 more friends bought it after I convinced them how great it was. Outside of hardcore circles, Mass Effect was not known, and it really impressed a grand number of people - and when ME2 cruises well past ME1 in sales, we'll see the effect of being such a high quality and highly regarded new IP.

I hope u never work at a restaurant, coze if someone ordered a dish you didnt like he will never hear the end of it XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Euphoria14 said:

If they do release ME2 on PS3 they would need to package it with ME1 on the same BD.

As pointed out above me, the data can be transfered over and affects your ME2 playthrough.

Yeah late PS3 ports get extras, but I wouldn't care for any of those extras if it is missing something important like this.

If PS3 did get an ME1 port I would hope for the added features to include "Elevator Ride skip" feature.

Well, elevator rides were when the next sections loaded... even with a complete mandatory HD install, you'd still have them to some extent, though perhaps a tad shorter. (And even longer if no install)

richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:
richardhutnik said:

Toss up whose whining and demanding is worse: PS3 owners for Mass Effect or 360 owners for MGS4.  

If you want Mass Effect THAT badly, why not upgrade your PC or get a 360?

Is that even a serious remark?

Same would go for 360 fans who want to play MGS4.  Why not buy a PS3 to play it, if you want it that badly?  System exclusives give people some reason for owning a system.

Im not talking about the buying a console, that... i agree with.

Im talking about you comparing ME, PS3 to the MGS4, 360. Its no where NEAR MGS4 360 levels yet.

JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

lol... bioshock? rock band? madworld? conduit? NMH? left for dead? heavenly sword? VC? DS? resistance? infamous? there are ton of great ones.

You can list all you want. I didn't say "the only new IP of this generation." I said the greatest, and i stand by that statement.

Wow... completely flew over your head... well maybe this one wont... I say LAIR is the greatest new IP this gen.

Oh no, I understand what it means to be subjective. You could call LAIR the greatest new IP, and simply put, you'd be wrong. If you were to rank the new IPs of the generation, and you were able to have people rank the various aspects of it, as well as how highly they recommend it to friends, I can virtually guarantee that ME would score the highest. I'm never impressed by game trailers or hype. I was convinced to play mass effect by recommendations by friends who had played it through multiple times. Then I went on to show friends the game and at least 2 more friends bought it after I convinced them how great it was. Outside of hardcore circles, Mass Effect was not known, and it really impressed a grand number of people - and when ME2 cruises well past ME1 in sales, we'll see the effect of being such a high quality and highly regarded new IP.

.... no... no you don't.

My point is, if you rank it by any quantifiable means, it would come out on top. Clearly everyone has their own opinion. Something like LAIR was a disappointment on a massive scale. Reviewers and gamers, by and large, hated it. It had a shoddy control scheme and loads of issues. To call it the greatest is wrong. You can call it your favorite, but on no neutral scale could it ever earn that ranking. Mass Effect was a critically acclaimed peice of software that sold based on word of mouth and fantastic reviews. It also recieved accolades for many different aspects of it's presentation - it's storyline, it's dialogue system, it's graphics, it's artistic presentation, etc. I would say the only titles this gen that came close in overall acclaim AND popularity among those players that bought it would be Uncharted and Bioshock.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
kitler53 said:
omg, mass effect multiplatness. the rumor that just won't die. it's getting to be worse than the mgs4 multplat rumor.

That's impossible. Bioware is pretty much admitting it's a possibility... just not right now. While Kojima, Sony, and Konami all shot the rumor down immediatly... but they kept coming.

And the 360 still gets a Metal Gear.  Which means the Mass Effect hypefest is likely to keep on rolling, even if cancelled.  Expect also the lingering hope for backward compatibility in the PS3 to return.

richardhutnik said:
JEDE3 said:
kitler53 said:

And the 360 still gets a Metal Gear.  Which means the Mass Effect hypefest is likely to keep on rolling, even if cancelled.  Expect also the lingering hope for backward compatibility in the PS3 to return.

... I don't know how MGSR has to do with MGS4 rumors. I'm also not sure what BC has to do with multiplatform game discussion...

It's quite funny... I think it will come, but I get the game anyway, I don't really care

Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

.... no... no you don't.

My point is, if you rank it by any quantifiable means, it would come out on top. Clearly everyone has their own opinion. Something like LAIR was a disappointment on a massive scale. Reviewers and gamers, by and large, hated it. It had a shoddy control scheme and loads of issues. To call it the greatest is wrong. You can call it your favorite, but on no neutral scale could it ever earn that ranking. Mass Effect was a critically acclaimed peice of software that sold based on word of mouth and fantastic reviews. It also recieved accolades for many different aspects of it's presentation - it's storyline, it's dialogue system, it's graphics, it's artistic presentation, etc. I would say the only titles this gen that came close in overall acclaim AND popularity among those players that bought it would be Uncharted and Bioshock.

What means would those be?  If you mean quality then you absolutley HAVE TO include Valkyrie Chronicles.  But since it appears you only play XBOX games, you wouldn't know about that.  And no game I've played has been more fun than inFAMOUS this gen.  And Gears of War has sold more and had the largest graphical leap.  What "quantifiable means" are you referring to, exactly?  And why do you get to make them up?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

richardhutnik said:

Toss up whose whining and demanding is worse: PS3 owners for Mass Effect or 360 owners for MGS4.  

If you want Mass Effect THAT badly, why not upgrade your PC or get a 360?

Can I get an "amen"?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.