By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect.

How did you lose it to begin with? :D

Around the Network
epicurean said:
epinefridis said:
@epicurean
Dude, let me ask you again, what exactly is your problem with the statement that Mass Effect is the greatest new IP this gen???
Yes, you can claim all you want that you liked Infamous (i wonder, have you ever played Crackdown?), and that THIS is the greatest IP, but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so that's it!
What is this that you judge and guess what console I have or what games I played?
I played all the mentioned new IP's except Rock Band, but I guess we are sane persons, no need to bring this game again to the ring, hah?
The fact that I think The Conduit is a mediocre game or Heavenly Sword, is just a little bigger than a demo and just descent, means that I didn't play them?

In the end, Mass Effect is the game that gained its huge momentum not from the promotion but, basically from the word of mouth, because it is just so awesome that the word was spread.
In this generation, I haven't seen a game multiplying its momentum in such a rapid way.

My problem is you say it as fact.  It's not fact.  It's your opinion.

Based on your games profile, you only have Microsoft games.  Am I wrong?  Have you played all the way through Heavenly Sword, The Conduit, inFAMOUS, etc? 

As for your last comment, check Valkyrie Chronicles.  I've never seen a game gain so much from word of mouth alone.

Also, I'm very bored....

I still can't understand the part why I need a translator (thanks JEDE3) to state the obvious! Of COURSE IT IS MY OPINION.

I haven't updated my profile for ages, and I will clean it up, so you guys do not get the wrong impression. I own all the current gen consoles, and recently i bought the only last gen console I didn't own, GC. I ain't got so much free time to spare to update my bloody profile.

As for Valkyrie Profile. To be honest, I am so atrociously distracted by its anime aesthetic that I didn't even bother. But yeah, I also heard the word of mouth. And I saw the momentum the game gained. Big enough to give ... A PSP SEQUEL.

MAFKKA said:
How did you lose it to begin with? :D

Well, I had it on my computer for the longest time. And it was just in-active for a while. I reformatted the computer and forgot my log in information. Since I created it the debit card for the bank I used to purchase has gone down and out and I have changed my ISP. I sent them an e-mail asking if there was any other way besides those two that I can do to get my account back. They sent me an e-mail... which looked like a copy and paste job... telling me how I could get my account back. "Provide us with your credit card information or e-mail account" ... Oh well thanks steam! I'll get right on that.

epinefridis said:
epicurean said:
epinefridis said:
@epicurean
Dude, let me ask you again, what exactly is your problem with the statement that Mass Effect is the greatest new IP this gen???
Yes, you can claim all you want that you liked Infamous (i wonder, have you ever played Crackdown?), and that THIS is the greatest IP, but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so that's it!
What is this that you judge and guess what console I have or what games I played?
I played all the mentioned new IP's except Rock Band, but I guess we are sane persons, no need to bring this game again to the ring, hah?
The fact that I think The Conduit is a mediocre game or Heavenly Sword, is just a little bigger than a demo and just descent, means that I didn't play them?

In the end, Mass Effect is the game that gained its huge momentum not from the promotion but, basically from the word of mouth, because it is just so awesome that the word was spread.
In this generation, I haven't seen a game multiplying its momentum in such a rapid way.

My problem is you say it as fact.  It's not fact.  It's your opinion.

Based on your games profile, you only have Microsoft games.  Am I wrong?  Have you played all the way through Heavenly Sword, The Conduit, inFAMOUS, etc? 

As for your last comment, check Valkyrie Chronicles.  I've never seen a game gain so much from word of mouth alone.

Also, I'm very bored....

I still can't understand the part why I need a translator (thanks JEDE3) to state the obvious! Of COURSE IT IS MY OPINION.

I haven't updated my profile for ages, and I will clean it up, so you guys do not get the wrong impression. I own all the current gen consoles, and recently i bought the only last gen console I didn't own, GC. I ain't got so much free time to spare to update my bloody profile.

As for Valkyrie Profile. To be honest, I am so atrociously distracted by its anime aesthetic that I didn't even bother. But yeah, I also heard the word of mouth. And I saw the momentum the game gained. Big enough to give ... A PSP SEQUEL.

Sorry, it was apparently Jereel who stated it was a fact, not an opinion.

As for VC, you seem to be saying since it only got a PSP sequel its not as good...so you're going by sales now?  I'm just trying to figure out how you're ranking things....if its by popularity or sales, then Gears of War trounces it.

But, whatever, I thought you were the one claiming it as fact.  I have no problem with whatever you think as long as its not presented in a way that makes it sound like the definitive answer....

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
epinefridis said:
epicurean said:

As for VC, you seem to be saying since it only got a PSP sequel its not as good...so you're going by sales now?  I'm just trying to figure out how you're ranking things....if its by popularity or sales, then Gears of War trounces it.

But, whatever, I thought you were the one claiming it as fact.  I have no problem with whatever you think as long as its not presented in a way that makes it sound like the definitive answer....

Νο. Ι was talkin about the games momentum. And VC, with its quality (again, I did not play it, nor I ever will), jumped a category. From a completely underrated, underestimated and unknown franch., became a known one. But not a popular or highly acclaimed one.

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
epicurean said:
epinefridis said:
epicurean said:

Νο. Ι was talkin about the games momentum. And VC, with its quality (again, I did not play it, nor I ever will), jumped a category. From a completely underrated, underestimated and unknown franch., became a known one. But not a popular or highly acclaimed one.

Not highly acclaimed?  Seems about equal to ME as far as reviews went to me.  Maybe slightly lower, but if I remember correctly, they were both in the 85-90 range...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

no it wont happen ever, m$ wont allow it. its really that simple.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

What can they do?

Munkeh111 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

What can they do?

The big fat red thing.

It'll be interesting to see how ToV goes on PS3. I think unless a timed exclusive releases on the alt console(s) within 6 months of launch on the primary console then the gaming market will have moved on.

Has there been a timed exclusive released outside of a year after first launch which has done relatively the same sales on the alt console to the sales on the primary console?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix