By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect.

FilaBrasileiro said:
epinefridis said:

Except from my beloved Bioshock...

Are you seriously comparing the Conduit and Maworld  garbage and the Infamous and Heavenly Sword mediocrities to Mass Effect?

You have absolutely no idea of the game, do you?

You have never played infamous as it is awesome so shut the fuck up.

Mass Effect is good, it's a great new IP, but Uncharted, LBP, Gears, L4D, Bioshock > ME by a good green country mile.

Of course I will shut the F up dude. I have nothing to say to freaks that roam around threads swearing and bashing people.

I played the Infamous madiocrity. And that was it. Prototype was also mediocre but it was better.

Do you have a problem with that?

Were you stunned by the greatness of Infamous, so you bash people that say they didn't love it?

Oh!

You have never played Mass Effect. See?

Back to your room now...

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Skeeuk said:
i knew this from the start.

a while ago the devs said they wanted the game to reach as many as audience as possible, it was only later it was announced on 360.

i predict mass effect 2 will be on ps3 6 months later.

and it would bomb pretty hard, just like Bioshock.

Bioshock PS3 didn't bomb, sorry.

Bioshock not breaking half a million on the PS3, while over 2 million on the 360, is bombing no matter how hard you try to spin it positively.

Nevermind, you can believe whatever you want.

epinefridis said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
epinefridis said:

Except from my beloved Bioshock...

Are you seriously comparing the Conduit and Maworld  garbage and the Infamous and Heavenly Sword mediocrities to Mass Effect?

You have absolutely no idea of the game, do you?

You have never played infamous as it is awesome so shut the fuck up.

Mass Effect is good, it's a great new IP, but Uncharted, LBP, Gears, L4D, Bioshock > ME by a good green country mile.

Of course I will shut the F up dude. I have nothing to say to freaks that roam around threads swearing and bashing people.

I played the Infamous madiocrity. And that was it. Prototype was also mediocre but it was better.

Do you have a problem with that?

Were you stunned by the greatness of Infamous, so you bash people that say they didn't love it?

Oh!

You have never played Mass Effect. See?

Back to your room now...

I'm sure you played it on your 360......I bash people that think their opinions = fact, so again SHUT THE FUCK UP.

heruamon said:
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:

Shades of Valve...methinks...it's always the same nonsense...

Why do you NEED to keep asking the same question?

What question is that?

If the answer is: "Is Mass Effect coming to PS3?", the answer must be that PlayStation fans really want it and Bioware are really thinking about it.

Mass Effect came out almost 2 years ago...

That doesn't answer my question.

It does in a certian way...this is a business, and so any meaningful discussion of this issue must revolve around that fact.  I've seen estimates that say going multiplatform can add a 10% addition to the project cost...now I'm assuming that's a project that is design, from the outset to be multiplat, not something that is re-done.  Bioware is focused on Mass Effect 2, The Old Republic and Dragon Age...that's ALOT...especially if WoW is any indication of how a Top Tier MMO can consume your resources. 

So, you're talking about shifting of resources toward a project, with no guarantee of ROI...keeping in mind the Bioshock example.  From a programmatic risk perspective, Bioware is better served launching the game on PC/360, and calculating that this covers a majority of gamers...for that small  % who might fall out of those categories...is it worth the investment of going back to put millions of dollars, and experienced developers to put out a multiplat product? 

That doesn't even bring into discussion what agreement Bioware had signed with M$ with regards to the series...Microsoft was the publisher, when Bioware was independent, and this project was planned as a trilogy, so I'm sure the contract was structured to reflect this being a trilogy.  At the time of the games development, it would have provided a high level of security for Bioware to have M$ agree to foot that bill

So, how interested would Bioware be in re-directing resources to a 2 year old game, with no guarantee of getting back ROI.  I guess Sony could “moneyhat” the cost to get the game on the PS3…but Sony isn’t exactly the most solvent company these days.

But why would they?

Why moneyhat an old port?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i hope they bring Mass Effect 1 & 2 over

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
i hope they bring Mass Effect 1 & 2 over

It doesn't make sense now to do it.  It would make sense to do a Mass Effect Trilogy bundle for the PS3, when Mass Effect 3 is due out.  As of now, it really doesn't.  If you want to play Mass Effect THAT badly, then get a 360 (or upgrade your PC and get the game for that).

CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:

Shades of Valve...methinks...it's always the same nonsense...

Why do you NEED to keep asking the same question?

What question is that?

If the answer is: "Is Mass Effect coming to PS3?", the answer must be that PlayStation fans really want it and Bioware are really thinking about it.

While that certainly is a possible explanation, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.  They could just be being coy to get a lot of free marketing going.