By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect.

epicurean said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

lol... bioshock? rock band? madworld? conduit? NMH? left for dead? heavenly sword? VC? DS? resistance? infamous? there are ton of great ones.

You can list all you want. I didn't say "the only new IP of this generation." I said the greatest, and i stand by that statement.

Wow... completely flew over your head... well maybe this one wont... I say LAIR is the greatest new IP this gen.

Oh no, I understand what it means to be subjective. You could call LAIR the greatest new IP, and simply put, you'd be wrong. If you were to rank the new IPs of the generation, and you were able to have people rank the various aspects of it, as well as how highly they recommend it to friends, I can virtually guarantee that ME would score the highest. I'm never impressed by game trailers or hype. I was convinced to play mass effect by recommendations by friends who had played it through multiple times. Then I went on to show friends the game and at least 2 more friends bought it after I convinced them how great it was. Outside of hardcore circles, Mass Effect was not known, and it really impressed a grand number of people - and when ME2 cruises well past ME1 in sales, we'll see the effect of being such a high quality and highly regarded new IP.

.... no... no you don't.

My point is, if you rank it by any quantifiable means, it would come out on top. Clearly everyone has their own opinion. Something like LAIR was a disappointment on a massive scale. Reviewers and gamers, by and large, hated it. It had a shoddy control scheme and loads of issues. To call it the greatest is wrong. You can call it your favorite, but on no neutral scale could it ever earn that ranking. Mass Effect was a critically acclaimed peice of software that sold based on word of mouth and fantastic reviews. It also recieved accolades for many different aspects of it's presentation - it's storyline, it's dialogue system, it's graphics, it's artistic presentation, etc. I would say the only titles this gen that came close in overall acclaim AND popularity among those players that bought it would be Uncharted and Bioshock.

What means would those be?  If you mean quality then you absolutley HAVE TO include Valkyrie Chronicles.  But since it appears you only play XBOX games, you wouldn't know about that.  And no game I've played has been more fun than inFAMOUS this gen.  And Gears of War has sold more and had the largest graphical leap.  What "quantifiable means" are you referring to, exactly?  And why do you get to make them up?

The only way Jereels comment can be varified is if you get a decent sized sample group from around the world. Of people who don't own the Wii, 360, or Ps3. And have them play EVERY single new IP and have them grade them.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
JEDE3 said:
kitler53 said:
omg, mass effect multiplatness. the rumor that just won't die. it's getting to be worse than the mgs4 multplat rumor.

That's impossible. Bioware is pretty much admitting it's a possibility... just not right now. While Kojima, Sony, and Konami all shot the rumor down immediatly... but they kept coming.

And the 360 still gets a Metal Gear.  Which means the Mass Effect hypefest is likely to keep on rolling, even if cancelled.  Expect also the lingering hope for backward compatibility in the PS3 to return.

See why must you spout stuff like this? I have a lot of respect for you, but lately you've been posting some real nonsense.

OT: I hope the series stays exclusive to the 360 (on consoles that is). Why does EVERYTHING have to be multiplat? Mass Effect is one of the reasons I have a 360, it helped define the system.

I think we both know WHY he said that...

Exclusive games are usually the best games...Seeing as how I'm lucky enough to have most of the current gen systems, Im always rooting for exclusives....

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

JEDE3 said:
epicurean said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

lol... bioshock? rock band? madworld? conduit? NMH? left for dead? heavenly sword? VC? DS? resistance? infamous? there are ton of great ones.

You can list all you want. I didn't say "the only new IP of this generation." I said the greatest, and i stand by that statement.

Wow... completely flew over your head... well maybe this one wont... I say LAIR is the greatest new IP this gen.

Oh no, I understand what it means to be subjective. You could call LAIR the greatest new IP, and simply put, you'd be wrong. If you were to rank the new IPs of the generation, and you were able to have people rank the various aspects of it, as well as how highly they recommend it to friends, I can virtually guarantee that ME would score the highest. I'm never impressed by game trailers or hype. I was convinced to play mass effect by recommendations by friends who had played it through multiple times. Then I went on to show friends the game and at least 2 more friends bought it after I convinced them how great it was. Outside of hardcore circles, Mass Effect was not known, and it really impressed a grand number of people - and when ME2 cruises well past ME1 in sales, we'll see the effect of being such a high quality and highly regarded new IP.

.... no... no you don't.

My point is, if you rank it by any quantifiable means, it would come out on top. Clearly everyone has their own opinion. Something like LAIR was a disappointment on a massive scale. Reviewers and gamers, by and large, hated it. It had a shoddy control scheme and loads of issues. To call it the greatest is wrong. You can call it your favorite, but on no neutral scale could it ever earn that ranking. Mass Effect was a critically acclaimed peice of software that sold based on word of mouth and fantastic reviews. It also recieved accolades for many different aspects of it's presentation - it's storyline, it's dialogue system, it's graphics, it's artistic presentation, etc. I would say the only titles this gen that came close in overall acclaim AND popularity among those players that bought it would be Uncharted and Bioshock.

What means would those be?  If you mean quality then you absolutley HAVE TO include Valkyrie Chronicles.  But since it appears you only play XBOX games, you wouldn't know about that.  And no game I've played has been more fun than inFAMOUS this gen.  And Gears of War has sold more and had the largest graphical leap.  What "quantifiable means" are you referring to, exactly?  And why do you get to make them up?

The only way Jereels comment can be varified is if you get a decent sized sample group from around the world. Of people who don't own the Wii, 360, or Ps3. And have them play EVERY single new IP and have them grade them.

But didn't he get, like, 2 people to buy it?  Thats pretty definitive if you ask me.

Once again, I LOVED Mass Effect...played through it multiple times...

CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
JEDE3 said:
kitler53 said:
omg, mass effect multiplatness. the rumor that just won't die. it's getting to be worse than the mgs4 multplat rumor.

That's impossible. Bioware is pretty much admitting it's a possibility... just not right now. While Kojima, Sony, and Konami all shot the rumor down immediatly... but they kept coming.

And the 360 still gets a Metal Gear.  Which means the Mass Effect hypefest is likely to keep on rolling, even if cancelled.  Expect also the lingering hope for backward compatibility in the PS3 to return.

See why must you spout stuff like this? I have a lot of respect for you, but lately you've been posting some real nonsense.

OT: I hope the series stays exclusive to the 360 (on consoles that is). Why does EVERYTHING have to be multiplat? Mass Effect is one of the reasons I have a 360, it helped define the system.

I was bringing up an example of why, despite what companies say, people will still hold out hope of something going on.  I read in a thread how, despite Sony saying it WON'T return, there was "wink wink, whatever Sony, we know the truth" type comments, that were that Backwards Compatibility would return.

As far as my recent "real nonsense", there is the Demon's Souls thread, and MAYBE my reply here.  Anyhow, people here get what they pay for on here.

@epicurean
Dude, let me ask you again, what exactly is your problem with the statement that Mass Effect is the greatest new IP this gen???
Yes, you can claim all you want that you liked Infamous (i wonder, have you ever played Crackdown?), and that THIS is the greatest IP, but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so that's it!
What is this that you judge and guess what console I have or what games I played?
I played all the mentioned new IP's except Rock Band, but I guess we are sane persons, no need to bring this game again to the ring, hah?
The fact that I think The Conduit is a mediocre game or Heavenly Sword, is just a little bigger than a demo and just descent, means that I didn't play them?

In the end, Mass Effect is the game that gained its huge momentum not from the promotion but, basically from the word of mouth, because it is just so awesome that the word was spread.
In this generation, I haven't seen a game multiplying its momentum in such a rapid way.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
JEDE3 said:
kitler53 said:

I was bringing up an example of why, despite what companies say, people will still hold out hope of something going on.  I read in a thread how, despite Sony saying it WON'T return, there was "wink wink, whatever Sony, we know the truth" type comments, that were that Backwards Compatibility would return.

As far as my recent "real nonsense", there is the Demon's Souls thread, and MAYBE my reply here.  Anyhow, people here get what they pay for on here.

Okay, I understand a little more now. I however own a 60 gig so you wont see me in those threads. I don't care if BC returns. But there is adifference between 360 fans with the MGS4 rumors than Ps3 fans with these. I mean... bioware is kinda egging them on with these types of quotes. Unlike Konami and Kojima who just flat out denied it.

epinefridis said:
@epicurean
Dude, let me ask you again, what exactly is your problem with the statement that Mass Effect is the greatest new IP this gen???
Yes, you can claim all you want that you liked Infamous (i wonder, have you ever played Crackdown?), and that THIS is the greatest IP, but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so that's it!
What is this that you judge and guess what console I have or what games I played?
I played all the mentioned new IP's except Rock Band, but I guess we are sane persons, no need to bring this game again to the ring, hah?
The fact that I think The Conduit is a mediocre game or Heavenly Sword, is just a little bigger than a demo and just descent, means that I didn't play them?

In the end, Mass Effect is the game that gained its huge momentum not from the promotion but, basically from the word of mouth, because it is just so awesome that the word was spread.
In this generation, I haven't seen a game multiplying its momentum in such a rapid way.

My problem is you say it as fact.  It's not fact.  It's your opinion.

Based on your games profile, you only have Microsoft games.  Am I wrong?  Have you played all the way through Heavenly Sword, The Conduit, inFAMOUS, etc? 

As for your last comment, check Valkyrie Chronicles.  I've never seen a game gain so much from word of mouth alone.

Also, I'm very bored....

epicurean said:
epinefridis said:
@epicurean

My problem is you say it as fact.  It's not fact.  It's your opinion.

Based on your games profile, you only have Microsoft games.  Am I wrong?  Have you played all the way through Heavenly Sword, The Conduit, inFAMOUS, etc? 

As for your last comment, check Valkyrie Chronicles.  I've never seen a game gain so much from word of mouth alone.

Also, I'm very bored....

Exactly, The guy stated that ME would recieve more praises than any other game and this someone proves that it must hold true for everyone.

Are we talking about ME1 here? Havent that been on Steam for like forever by now, with discounts and sales campaigns? Who here still havent played it?

The only reason id get it for the PS3 would be if there was trophies, cus im a whore.

MAFKKA said:
Are we talking about ME1 here? Havent that been on Steam for like forever by now, with discounts and sales campaigns? Who here still havent played it?

The only reason id get it for the PS3 would be if there was trophies, cus im a whore.

I haven't! Steam wont give me my account back so I wont pay for it. I aint paying for CS and the Ship again... and other various games.