By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect.

JEDE3 said:
epinefridis said:
Euphoria14 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'm not buying the sequal if I can't get the original...

Actually.... No.... I'm not buying either unless they both come on the same disc together.

Have fun not playing the greatest new IP of this generation.

Completely subjective.

Νο

Completely and painfully true.

What new IP would you compare it to??

LBP, Gears of War, or Uncharted?

Or Wii Sports???

About the thread...

Again?... :/

lol... bioshock? rock band? madworld? conduit? NMH? left for dead? heavenly sword? VC? DS? resistance? infamous? there are ton of great ones.

You can list all you want. I didn't say "the only new IP of this generation." I said the greatest, and i stand by that statement.

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
epinefridis said:
Euphoria14 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Dgc1808 said:

Actually.... No.... I'm not buying either unless they both come on the same disc together.

Completely subjective.

Νο

Or Wii Sports???

About the thread...

lol... bioshock? rock band? madworld? conduit? NMH? left for dead? heavenly sword? VC? DS? resistance? infamous? there are ton of great ones.

You can list all you want. I didn't say "the only new IP of this generation." I said the greatest, and i stand by that statement.

Wow... completely flew over your head... well maybe this one wont... I say LAIR is the greatest new IP this gen.

JEDE3 said:
richardhutnik said:
JEDE3 said:
richardhutnik said:

Toss up whose whining and demanding is worse: PS3 owners for Mass Effect or 360 owners for MGS4.  

If you want Mass Effect THAT badly, why not upgrade your PC or get a 360?

I vote yours with whinning about the ps3 fans claiming something they arent

WOW! ONE thread on my part exceeds the dozen of other threads done by people regarding Mass Effect and MGS4.  Eventhough I had stated that I phrased the thread subject header wrong, and should of had it focused differently, it is amazing I have this power.

Your right. I worded it a little wrong. I vote the people who whine over what the other party does. Especially the ones who over exaggerate. Is that better? There were a lot more threads than yours doing what you did. I shouldn't have singled yours out.

Ok, I will read what you wrote as having "The latest example" before what you wrote about mine.  I did happen to call out this "Halo Killer" regarding Killzone 2 as being reported being said FAR more than it actually was.  "Halo Killer" period is mostly used by the videogame media with a question, to ask if a game would supplant Halo 3, and talking it.  One of the worst examples was, I believe Game Informer, regarding Haze, or it could of been Official Playstation Magazine that did it.

Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
epinefridis said:
Euphoria14 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Dgc1808 said:

Completely subjective.

Νο

Or Wii Sports???

About the thread...

The statement is fine, as long as you recognize that's your opinion, and not a fact...

I would definetly rank Bioshock and Valkyrie Chronicles ahead of it, and Infamous would be really close.  Dead Space is right up there too.  But I dont expect anyone to agree with me or take my word as gospel.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
epinefridis said:
Euphoria14 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Dgc1808 said:

Completely subjective.

Νο

Or Wii Sports???

About the thread...

The statement is fine, as long as you recognize that's your opinion, and not a fact...

I would definetly rank Bioshock and Valkyrie Chronicles ahead of it, and Infamous would be really close.  Dead Space is right up there too.  But I dont expect anyone to agree with me or take my word as gospel.

I just realized I forgot about Uncharted.  Crap.  There's been a TON of great new IPs this generation....

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

omg, mass effect multiplatness. the rumor that just won't die. it's getting to be worse than the mgs4 multplat rumor.

JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

Wow... completely flew over your head... well maybe this one wont... I say LAIR is the greatest new IP this gen.

Oh no, I understand what it means to be subjective. You could call LAIR the greatest new IP, and simply put, you'd be wrong. If you were to rank the new IPs of the generation, and you were able to have people rank the various aspects of it, as well as how highly they recommend it to friends, I can virtually guarantee that ME would score the highest. I'm never impressed by game trailers or hype. I was convinced to play mass effect by recommendations by friends who had played it through multiple times. Then I went on to show friends the game and at least 2 more friends bought it after I convinced them how great it was. Outside of hardcore circles, Mass Effect was not known, and it really impressed a grand number of people - and when ME2 cruises well past ME1 in sales, we'll see the effect of being such a high quality and highly regarded new IP.

kitler53 said:
omg, mass effect multiplatness. the rumor that just won't die. it's getting to be worse than the mgs4 multplat rumor.

That's impossible. Bioware is pretty much admitting it's a possibility... just not right now. While Kojima, Sony, and Konami all shot the rumor down immediatly... but they kept coming.

IT seems like this thread has gotten a little de-railed...regardless, Mass Effect is a pretty damn good IP, and I can see why some PS3 only owners would be thrilled about the possibility of getting it.

His comments are interesting; leaves room for an eventual PS3 port, but there would definitely be some logistical challenges to making it happen (how to incorporate ME1? Publishing deal with MS, etc.). Not impossible mind you, but challenges.

Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
JEDE3 said:

Oh no, I understand what it means to be subjective. You could call LAIR the greatest new IP, and simply put, you'd be wrong. If you were to rank the new IPs of the generation, and you were able to have people rank the various aspects of it, as well as how highly they recommend it to friends, I can virtually guarantee that ME would score the highest. I'm never impressed by game trailers or hype. I was convinced to play mass effect by recommendations by friends who had played it through multiple times. Then I went on to show friends the game and at least 2 more friends bought it after I convinced them how great it was. Outside of hardcore circles, Mass Effect was not known, and it really impressed a grand number of people - and when ME2 cruises well past ME1 in sales, we'll see the effect of being such a high quality and highly regarded new IP.

.... no... no you don't.