By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Set And Match Sony?

@nightsurge.

Yep, its been a well known fact they fucked up and have been desperate to get back where they once were.

Around the Network

You know, people kept arguing that the introduction of the 40GB at $400 which was originally set to replace the 20GB was considered a $200 price drop.

So with that thought in mind, 360 had a $179-200 price drop.

Elite from $479 to $300 and Pro from $400 to the Arcades $200.

Granted it's not $300 like the PS3, but as a consumer I could care less.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
@reask

a coo? what a pidgeon is involved now too?

Ah cmon kowe I meant coup and you know that.

I would be the first to aknowledge that if it was not for MS PS3 owners would be paying 20 bucks a week for on line and still playing shitty games.

MS gave them the kick up the arse they needed.

But hey if Man City win the premier in 2008 does that give them the right to sit on there laurels?

You know what I am saying.

I use Man City as my bro in law supports them poor sod.

And maybe you do lol.

kowenicki said:
@reask

far worse mate.... Oldham Athletic!!

hell ya, the best turn around in a very long time. ms does not have a move, they cant lower there price, they are already loosing to much money. psn is free, and now its as good as live. bluray, for movies and game storage , built in wifi, 360 cost another 100.00 bucks,  ps3 has a web browser, ps3 controllers are better, and they charge with out spending more money, 360 controllers suck, there d pad is a piece. i cant even play burned dvds on my 360 . my ps3 plays anything i through in. im on my 6th 360, my original ps3. new ratchett and clank, killzone 2 , uncharted1, uncharted 2, god of war 3, MAG, final fantasy, an exclusive, valk cronicles, res1, res2, big little planet, infamous, heavy rain, just to name a few ps3 library smacks 360, what do they have halo3 odst, wow  come on guys its old now, move on , try somthing new, stop holding on to the past. the bottom line . if you are a gamer you want a ps3, its reliable, and a far superior machine. this is sonys time , and the loyal sony gamers.  just play!!!!

Around the Network
lhill81 said:

hell ya, the best turn around in a very long time. ms does not have a move, they cant lower there price, they are already loosing to much money. psn is free, and now its as good as live. bluray, for movies and game storage , built in wifi, 360 cost another 100.00 bucks,  ps3 has a web browser, ps3 controllers are better, and they charge with out spending more money, 360 controllers suck, there d pad is a piece. i cant even play burned dvds on my 360 . my ps3 plays anything i through in. im on my 6th 360, my original ps3. new ratchett and clank, killzone 2 , uncharted1, uncharted 2, god of war 3, MAG, final fantasy, an exclusive, valk cronicles, res1, res2, big little planet, infamous, heavy rain, just to name a few ps3 library smacks 360, what do they have halo3 odst, wow  come on guys its old now, move on , try somthing new, stop holding on to the past. the bottom line . if you are a gamer you want a ps3, its reliable, and a far superior machine. this is sonys time , and the loyal sony gamers.  just play!!!!

I don't think it is game, set, and match as suggested. We have just experienced another change of momentum this generation in the race for second place. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo cuts the price of the Wii in the next 18 months. I really don't think MS's next move is a price cut, except for the rumored Elite at $299 and the discontinuing of the Pro. I think both MS and Sony will stand pat after the Elite cut through the end of next year. Also, I believe Sony will consistently outsell the 360 during this period. I think MS's next move is a .5 release of the 360 with Motion. I think they will release Natal with a slightly improved 360 (double memory, improved GPU and CPU). This will allow MS to claim a victory of sorts for this generation and also be the first entrant for the next generation.

I think that both MS and Sony have the luxury of releasing .5 consoles next generation, with the Wii facing the task of dragging it's massive install base into the HD generation.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I hope this really works for the PS3 or else there are gonna be a lot of suicidal ps3 fans out there.

As for MS making profit or loss on each 360 sold doesn't really matter. Dropping the price only takes away more revenue regardless.

Dropping the price didn't help MS against the wii because the wii was already affordable.

But for some strange reason it is going help against the PS3 (that is better equip with wifi, BR etc.,) now that it too is affordable? Strange logic.

Contrary to what many believe I think the PS3 did remarkedly well considering its price.
What more now that it's affordable.

Now all the consoles are within the price range of many consumers I really don't see how a price cut is gonna help MS/Mintendo. It didn't help the Gamecube last gen and the wii is a much stronger beast.

It now comes down to natal and how PS3 (and to some degree Nintendo) deal with that.

nightsurge said:
kowenicki said:
@nizut76

how do you know they will be losing? MS makes profits on 360, Sony on ps3 - we have no idea.

Exactly.  MS makes profits on all 360 SKU's except a small loss on the arcade.  If MS does a redesign of their own and cuts the CPU/GPU down to 45nm like planned by the end of this year, they could easily sell the arcade model for $150 and the Elite for $200.  That'd be plenty to beat the PS3 up until the coming of Natal next year and Sony's motion.  As I said earlier, Sony's motion to be bundled with every console (to get maximum attach rate) would cost them near $60-100.  For MS on the other hand, all they need to include is the new Natal all in one device with every new 360 which would only cost them about $50.

The Natal Camera isnt a cheap piece of hardware IMO. It has 2 camera's in it a depth sensor a multi array microphone and a custom processor and saftware built in. It's just my opinion but I'm thinking it is going to be more than 50 dollars. And how Microsoft likes to make expensive peripherals i would think an item like that would cost more than a WiFi adapter that they charge $90 for.  But i'm not a Microsoft employee and it is all speculation at this point.

I think we should wait before ANYBODY says anything.

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!