By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Set And Match Sony?

If you mean theres a chance at 2nd place now?

Yes there is, not sure if they planned this but it doesn't matter this will impact market share greatly everywhere.

Japan the most though.

Around the Network

Well japan love slim models, I love slim models, not sure about anyone else and yes Sony did plan this 12 months ago. There a very smart company who always plan ahead. Why do you think Sony stood firm when Microsoft dropped there prices and everyone was screaming for Sony to do the same. They know PS3 has everything people want and at a very good price.

come on , they are losing money on all there units, the elite for 200.00, thats funny, wont happen, even micrisoft is not that dumb, at this rate you guys are going to have 5 discs to install, you will need a larger hard drive then they have at this time, they are still paying off that 2 billion dollor red ring deal, and its still not over. they could not afford to cut live prices if they wanted to, ms would rather be broke and sale units then make money .

ms really should take lessons from sony, they may learn a few things, its better to loose a battle then the war

@kowenicki

by your statements it makes me seem you think SONY is a stupid company

which they are not, they are not leading on the most recognized brand chart worldwide for no reason (yes I read an article where SONY is still the most recognizable brand name)

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
@kowenicki

by your statements it makes me seem you think SONY is a stupid company

which they are not, they are not leading on the most recognized brand chart worldwide for no reason (yes I read an article where SONY is still the most recognizable brand name)

Do you mean by all companies or just based around videogames? Why I ask is because Coca-Cola is by far the #1 most recognized brand in the world followed distantly by Nike. But if that statement is based around just the videogame industry then yeah it's possible because how can anyone really forget the PS2 or PS1 days?!?!?

Just wait until MS drop the price of the Arcade to $5
Then we'll see some big numbers!
Look out Ninty!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Within 2 years the deficit of 8 million between PS3 and 360 will be completely erased unless Microsoft reduce the Arcade XBox 360 down to $149 which could delay it being overtaken by another year. So 2 or 3 year PS3 will have overtaken the 360 in total system sales. But still remain a huge margin behind the Wii which with price cuts of its own will further increase its sales leads over the competition.

2011 or 2012 should be the time we see the first of the next generation systems emerge. New XBox is on the horizon. XBox 360 may finish third this generation but a huge improvement in comparison to the previous generation.

Competition is good for everyone. PS3 is finally into a mass market area after 3 years of struggling. Thank you Sony for the PS3 Slim and a nice price of $299.

$299 and below is where the majority of sales are made. $249 price point of the Wii has been the magical price point turning over 50 million units in 2 and a half years.

How many systems sales will the PS3 end up with? My guess is around 70 million consoles+ ltd. 100 million system seller joining the PS1, PS2 and eventually the Wii. History making two 100 million system sellers in one gerneration is still a long shot - but the PS3 has a chance based on 10 year life plan and its two older brothers PS1 and PS2 having achieved 100 million+ lifetime sales. One thing is 100% guaranteed for sure is that there will be 3 systems in a generation that will achieve 50 million system sales: Wii, PS3 and 360.

PS3 may stand a chance of beating the XBox 360 to 50 million unit lifetime sales if it overtakes the XBox 360 within 2 years.

PS3 was handicapped with a huge starting price tag and a 12 to 16 month delay behind the Xbox 360 in staggered launches around the world that adversely impacted upon its first year sales. The biggest console sales war comeback will be the PS3s legacy. Distant last with no hope into second place.

August 18 2009 the announcement of the PS3 Slim and $299 - a console gaming moment to be remembered.

numonex said:
Within 2 years the deficit of 8 million between PS3 and 360 will be completely erased unless Microsoft reduce the Arcade XBox 360 down to $149 which could delay it being overtaken by another year. So 2 or 3 year PS3 will have overtaken the 360 in total system sales. But still remain a huge margin behind the Wii which with price cuts of its own will further increase its sales leads over the competition.

2011 or 2012 should be the time we see the first of the next generation systems emerge. New XBox is on the horizon. XBox 360 may finish third this generation but a huge improvement in comparison to the previous generation.

Competition is good for everyone. PS3 is finally into a mass market area after 3 years of struggling. Thank you Sony for the PS3 Slim and a nice price of $299.

$299 and below is where the majority of sales are made. $249 price point of the Wii has been the magical price point turning over 50 million units in 2 and a half years.

How many systems sales will the PS3 end up with? My guess is around 70 million consoles+ ltd. 100 million system seller joining the PS1, PS2 and eventually the Wii. History making two 100 million system sellers in one gerneration is still a long shot - but the PS3 has a chance based on 10 year life plan and its two older brothers PS1 and PS2 having achieved 100 million+ lifetime sales. One thing is 100% guaranteed for sure is that there will be 3 systems in a generation that will achieve 50 million system sales: Wii, PS3 and 360.

PS3 may stand a chance of beating the XBox 360 to 50 million unit lifetime sales if it overtakes the XBox 360 within 2 years.

PS3 was handicapped with a huge starting price tag and a 12 to 16 month delay behind the Xbox 360 in staggered launches around the world that adversely impacted upon its first year sales. The biggest console sales war comeback will be the PS3s legacy. Distant last with no hope into second place.

August 18 2009 the announcement of the PS3 Slim and $299 - a console gaming moment to be remembered.

even if Sony comes back to take second place, it is NOT the biggest console sales war comeback.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

I think some folks on these boards (pro-Sony and worried 360 owners) have allowed their hopes/fears to get the best of them.

Competition is good for the market, period.