By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Set And Match Sony?

Xoj said:
mhsillen said:
SpartanFX said:
I think sony deserves it after so much shit they got from media. PS3 80Gb is almost sold out everywhere around where i live in matter of one day.(there were still few 160 GBs left)

the guy said they sold 10 PS3s in 3 hours.(and not a single 360 or wii)

i hope it's a WW thing and not just in my area

They deserved what they got by every arrogant thing they said and did. This is not a feel good story about the underdog who is trying to beat a giant. "I know were small at sony but we can whip those mean guys at microsoft and big bad nintendo.

They are a huge global company

seriously if this was "the nicest company" competition, microsoft would be in a worse position trust me.

i guess you aren't old enough and don't why IE 6 MUST DIE!,or simply you are not a web developer or know oen.

sony makes better hardware, they cocky , but so its microsoft have never make anything good outside office.

and also sony its no 2 - 3 who say silly things on PR , but an ARMY of 180,000 people who work their best to give you better quality product.

by contrast go to youtube, and TYPE "steve ballmer crazy"

just in case, be warned, he is not pretty.

Microsoft saved us from an IBM monopoly...  The Microsoft monopoly is a lot better then the IBM one was.

I guess your not old enough to remember that...

Microsoft isn't "pretty".  No corporation is... Including Sony... The workers are honest in both companies...  There are only a few in idiots in each company that are crazy...  Unfortunately, they either end up in PR or management (I'm in management so I should know)...

Around the Network

What people fail to understand is that if MS cuts the price again, it wouldn't change things now.

There is a 'sweet spot' in console price (299$) and the 360 already reached it long ago. The PS3 just reached it. That's the price where most people accept to buy a gaming console. Selling lower only bring a few more buyers.

As I already said multiple times, PS3 was beating 360 in worldwide sales every week before MS last september price cut. Sony was actually already winning at that time, even with a higher price point.

It was on the way to kill the 360 quickly, so MS had no choice : it had to make the 360 affordable to basically everybody and reach the sweet spot : that's what they did last september.

But even like that, with one console on the sweet spot price and the other one not affordable, MS was just selling roughly the same as PS3 recently. So of course they were still beaten.

Right now, any new 360 price cut would give them few more sales since everybody can already afford one.

Like I wrote a long time ago, Sony basically decides when they win the war, all they need to do is cut the price to under 300$. Then both consoles are on the sweet spot, and what you see is the real sales potential, where Sony crushes MS since MS couldn't even beat them with the huge 'sweet spot pricing' advantage.

It was easily predictable that PS3 would win the war the day they cut the price to under 299$...

OK guys can we cut the MS is evil shit.
I mean we are talking about gaming here.
Sony MS please tell me the difference.
My OP meant game on, not evil empires.

reask said:
OK guys can we cut the MS is evil shit.
I mean we are talking about gaming here.
Sony MS please tell me the difference.
My OP meant game on, not evil empires.

Yep, pretty much this.

If Microsoft pulled Sony's tactics in the operating system arena that Sony used with consoles they would be pulled infront of pretty much every applicable anti-trust board so fast it would make their head spin.

Tease.

Microsoft is toast. It's not just Sony's price-cut, or the avalanche of AAA titles coming for the PS3, or the fire-breathing rampages of Bluzilla -- I expect Nintendo to cut the price of the Wii this autumn, down to $199. They're caught between the hammer and the anvil -- can't compete in price or fun factor with Nintendo, can't compete in features or price anymore with Sony. They'll be very fortunate to cling to 20% of market share.