By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Set And Match Sony?

After that Conference I certainly think so.
I mean Sony just completely turned the tables in one fell swoop.
Even if MS drop the elite to 250 Euro which would cripple them.
The PS3 is still better value with BR and wi fi alone.

Was this planned 12 months ago by Sony?
If it was it was the best turnaround I have seen in a long time.

Your thoughts would be interesting.

Around the Network

No one really knows what effect it will have. The have not sold a single PS3 slim yet (at least officially around here)

It seems amazon have limited sales to one per household.
Thats down from the normal 4.

I doubt sony had millions and millions of slims ready to go. The initial supply will probably be fairly small:

a) they probably started manufacturing recently and pushed this out as quick as they could.

b) want to sell off existing stock of fats instead of taking them back and eating them.

shock182 said:
b) want to sell off existing stock of fats instead of taking them back and eating them.

If they'd hire Gabe Newell, this wouldn't be a problem for them.

Around the Network

By christmas time they should have plenty out there though. Even if they did have an unlimited supply ready to go, they probably would not stuff retailers with them before the holidays and risk a shortage of supply.

It would be a major fail to ship millions and sell them all 2 months (all though it would look good short term) before the real holiday shoping begins. Then have a shortage when mom and dad are buying gifts that would push them towards the competition.

badgenome said:
shock182 said:

If they'd hire Gabe Newell, this wouldn't be a problem for them.

Maybe he would like the PS3 a bit if they added a condement pack in the box.

I think sony deserves it after so much shit they got from media. PS3 80Gb is almost sold out everywhere around where i live in matter of one day.(there were still few 160 GBs left)

the guy said they sold 10 PS3s in 3 hours.(and not a single 360 or wii)

i hope it's a WW thing and not just in my area

If you really think Sony can sell a PS3 with all it's hardware for $300 and MS can't sell a 360 Elite for $200 or an Arcade for $150, you're delusional. All MS would have to do is a redesign of their own and finish up their 45nm process for the GPU/CPU.

However MS won't do this because they want to wait until 2010 and include Natal bundled with every 360 and then cut prices to $150/200. Next year Sony won't have a choice but to either take another $100 loss per console sold with motion controls, or raise the price.... They definitely won't be able to cut the price again for about another 2 years.

nightsurge said:
If you really think Sony can sell a PS3 with all it's hardware for $300 and MS can't sell a 360 Elite for $200 or an Arcade for $150, you're delusional. All MS would have to do is a redesign of their own and finish up their 45nm process for the GPU/CPU.

However MS won't do this because they want to wait until 2010 and include Natal bundled with every 360 and then cut prices to $150/200. Next year Sony won't have a choice but to either take another $100 loss per console sold with motion controls, or raise the price.... They definitely won't be able to cut the price again for about another 2 years.

I posted something similar in another thread. I think next year (sometime over the next 6 to 12 months we will see

360 SKU(s) and price

Arcade $149

Elite $249

Natal Model $299

HD will cost $99 and Natal will cost around $99

I also think thats why the pro is being phased out. They seem comfortable with a 3 SKU strat.

Makes the natal model the best deal by $50 by buying the package. Also makes the Most expensive model with all the bells and whistles = to the cheapest PS3.

(This is assuming that Nintendo or sony do not have a price drop over the currently announced.)