By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Set And Match Sony?

I think a LOT of Sony fans are getting a bit carried away with the Slim/Price Cut sales expectations I really do,

Yes it will sell a lot for the first few weeks but then PS3 sales will drop back to where they always have been, in third place every week, the PS brand is not what is used to be.....

Around the Network

Are we going to go through this every time a platform holder drops the price? Everyone needs to relax.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

kowenicki said:
@reask

Do you seriously believe there wont be a reduction in MS (and possibly Ninty) prices over the next 2 months?

Its as if people expect MS and Ninty just say , "oh shit PS3 reduced prices... didnt see that coming... guess thats that then... close the doors and forget it fellas".

This site is hysterical at the moment.... some sanity and perpective needs to return.

Microsoft most certainly *did* see it coming, and that is why they planned a drop in the Elite's price to coincide with the ps3 cut. 

That's all they'll do this Holiday.  Their next step is waiting until next year and making a big push with Natal.  Dipping below $199 would probably force them to raise prices when including Natal next year, something they would not want to do.  Staying at $199 gives them the power to create an excellent bundle at $199 next Holiday season.

And stop calling the site "hysterical" simply because they don't agree with your opinion. Remember that the ps3 outsold the 360 for almost a year in 2008 before Microsoft really responded.  Microsoft and Nintendo try to make the most financially responsible decisions, not decisions that'll screw the competitor in the hopes of pleasing their army of fanboys.

FKNetwork said:
I think a LOT of Sony fans are getting a bit carried away with the Slim/Price Cut sales expectations I really do,

Yes it will sell a lot for the first few weeks but then PS3 sales will drop back to where they always have been, in third place every week, the PS brand is not what is used to be.....

Ugh, dirty troll.

It will outsell the 360 for more than 'a few weeks'

Glover said:
FKNetwork said:

Ugh, dirty troll.

It will outsell the 360 for more than 'a few weeks'

No need for insults.  It's still his opinion.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
kowenicki said:
@reask

Do you seriously believe there wont be a reduction in MS (and possibly Ninty) prices over the next 2 months?

Its as if people expect MS and Ninty just say , "oh shit PS3 reduced prices... didnt see that coming... guess thats that then... close the doors and forget it fellas".

This site is hysterical at the moment.... some sanity and perpective needs to return.

Microsoft most certainly *did* see it coming, and that is why they planned a drop in the Elite's price to coincide with the ps3 cut. 

That's all they'll do this Holiday.  Their next step is waiting until next year and making a big push with Natal.  Dipping below $199 would probably force them to raise prices when including Natal next year, something they would not want to do.  Staying at $199 gives them the power to create an excellent bundle at $199 next Holiday season.

And stop calling the site "hysterical" simply because they don't agree with your opinion. Remember that the ps3 outsold the 360 for almost a year in 2008 before Microsoft really responded.  Microsoft and Nintendo try to make the most financially responsible decisions, not decisions that'll screw the competitor in the hopes of pleasing their army of fanboys.

Stop saying such sensible things! You'll end up beating the fanboyism out of us... (Ye right! lol  But still, good one. ;)

makingmusic476 said:
kowenicki said:
@reask

All that may happen kowenicki is ... a Wii price cut !

and if it happens, believe me, expect Xbox360 arcade sales to suffer

and without Arcade, Xbox360 would not beat the PS3 every week and would not have dominated last Xmas  ...

so Ninty, are you ready to finish the fight ?

Time to Work !

makingmusic476 said:
kowenicki said:
@reask

Certainly one of the more down to earth comments I have seen on this topic over the past week. 

If this was a boxing match between Sony and Microsoft...

2005 > All Microsoft as Sony shipped a year later

2006 > Sony came out swinging and Microsoft held ground

2007 > Even matchup where 360 had a strong lineup (Halo and Mass Effect) and Sony had a strong lineup (Uncharted and Ratchet) - TIE

2008 > Microsoft dropped price and won the round with a knockdown after losing most of the year.

2009 > Showing to be a true boxer Sony came off the mat and are using slim to duplicate Microsoft's surprise punch last year.

2010 > Last round!  Winner is up in the air...  Both look to have monster game lineups and motion controls.   God of War III and GT5 (if GT5 doesn't ship this year) are synonymous with the PS brand.  But what if Microsoft pressures price again and releases its own slim design?  What if one of the two motion controls really appeals to people more?  How will both improve their online networks?  How many more tricks do they both have?

We can speculate, but, by the end of 2010 I think we will have a clear leader between the two HD consoles.  I don't think anyone can predict which one with any accuracy. 

SpartanFX said:
I think sony deserves it after so much shit they got from media. PS3 80Gb is almost sold out everywhere around where i live in matter of one day.(there were still few 160 GBs left)

the guy said they sold 10 PS3s in 3 hours.(and not a single 360 or wii)

i hope it's a WW thing and not just in my area

They deserved what they got by every arrogant thing they said and did. This is not a feel good story about the underdog who is trying to beat a giant. "I know were small at sony but we can whip those mean guys at microsoft and big bad nintendo.

They are a huge global company

mhsillen said:
SpartanFX said:
I think sony deserves it after so much shit they got from media. PS3 80Gb is almost sold out everywhere around where i live in matter of one day.(there were still few 160 GBs left)

the guy said they sold 10 PS3s in 3 hours.(and not a single 360 or wii)

i hope it's a WW thing and not just in my area

They deserved what they got by every arrogant thing they said and did. This is not a feel good story about the underdog who is trying to beat a giant. "I know were small at sony but we can whip those mean guys at microsoft and big bad nintendo.

They are a huge global company

seriously if this was "the nicest company" competition, microsoft would be in a worse position trust me.

i guess you aren't old enough and don't why IE 6 MUST DIE!,or simply you are not a web developer or know oen.

sony makes better hardware, they cocky , but so its microsoft have never make anything good outside office.

and also sony its no 2 - 3 who say silly things on PR , but an ARMY of 180,000 people who work their best to give you better quality product.

by contrast go to youtube, and TYPE "steve ballmer crazy"

just in case, be warned, he is not pretty.