By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Direction

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
(Buddha)

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Silicon Knights was a second-party developer, as was Left Field Productions. Does that make Eternal Darkness, Twin Snakes, and Excitebike 64 Nintendo-developed games? I say not.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I think he just wants to get banned. You need to insult people rather than consoles in order to get banned.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Calmed. please don't kill me. hate me. but don't kill me.

@Snesboy

Did you really think no one was going to contest you on your points, especially since they were all your opinions?

And how do your points represent "Nintendo's New Direction"?

Games get canceled, postponed, and updated all the time. Nothing you said is new.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Chill out man... did you really expect everyone to jump in and agree with you? You basically egged everyone on to disagree with you. I want Smash Brothers to come out this year as much as the next fan but at the same time, if the game needs a few more touches to make it better I can wait it out. I was also a huge SNES fan back in the day and hated everything Sonic. Once I saw the video of him in Brawl I realized how awesome that is...

As for Disaster... stop the worrying... Nintendo bought these guys for a reason. They wouldn't have bought them for their abilities to make crappy games.

I also would have liked to have seen Project Hammer... however I also realize that the game probably needed a LOT of work. Hence the reason it was shelved. Most likely we will see some of it's idea's brought forward into a future game.

As for Mario Kart... ya ummm... Double Dash had horrible controls. Hopefully this game will be on par with Mario Kart DS.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I just hope with the motorcycles that you can do 180's really quickly. Otherwise they will kinda suck.

I feel dumb. I don't like being mean to people. Just their ideas.

And that seems pretty dumb now because I have realized that I am not always right. and I really should have backed up my statements with opinion.

Snesboy said:
OMFG PEOPLE!!

I KNOW NINTENDO IS MAKING BRAWL. I AM NOT STUPID. LOOK AT MY ******* NAME! ITS SNESBOY OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT NINTENDO STUFF.

ROB SUCKED ASS. HE WAS THE STUPIDEST CHARACTER IN MARIO KART DS. HE WASNT EVEN A ******* MARIO CHARACTER.

YES I KNOW SCREENSHOTS DON'T MAKE A GAME. LOOK AT METROID PRIME 3. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP ON A COMPUTER MONITOR BUT GREAT ON YOUR TV.

I NEVER SAID SONIC WILDFIRE WAS A BAD GAME OR SONIC RUSH. I SAID THAT THEY WERE GOOD GAMES. READ DAMMIT.

OH YEAH, AND IF GAMES DO WELL SALES-WISE IN JANUARY THEN WHY DID RESIDENT EVIL 4 BOMB ON THE GAMECUBE?

HOW THE HELL DID PEOPLE HATE THE GREATEST CO-OP EVER IN DD!! ARE THEY ON CRACK? OBVIOUSLY YES.

I JUST TRY TO START A LEGITIMATE CONVERSATION BUT I GUESS EVEN THE FUCKING NINTENDO FANBOYS HERE ARE COMPLETE FUCKING TOTAL DOUCHEBAGS TOO. I TRIED TO BE NICE. BUT NO. I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT AND YOU GUYS RIP ME TO PIECES. FUCK YOU ALL I AM GOING BACK TO 1UP.

BANNED.

thats why i hate fanboys, they start a conversation and then get all butt-hurt if u don't agree with them

DonWii said:
Hell, the direction Nintendo took with the Wii is what brought me back to Nintendo and, in a way, to gaming. While I did own a PS2, I mostly got bored of it in favor of PC MMO's.

Also, I'm pretty sure that RE4 did not bomb on the GC.
http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=Resident+Evil+4&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

Seems to me that selling 1.66M WW, and outselling the PS2 version in the US, with a much smaller userbase is pretty damn good.
Really?