By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Direction

There was a sweet Mario Kart they had in the arcade in my mall that had some Namco characters in it. It had a multiple kart option like diddy kong racing but it didn't suck. I totally kicked Waluigi and Ms Pacmans buts with Clyde.

That game was better then double dash. Aside from the 1 dollar a game price. Yeesh.

Around the Network

Hell, the direction Nintendo took with the Wii is what brought me back to Nintendo and, in a way, to gaming. While I did own a PS2, I mostly got bored of it in favor of PC MMO's.

Also, I'm pretty sure that RE4 did not bomb on the GC.
http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=Resident+Evil+4&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

Seems to me that selling 1.66M WW, and outselling the PS2 version in the US, with a much smaller userbase is pretty damn good.

Rubang B said:
First Point: It is a GREAT time to be a Nintendo fan. Nintendo is getting more exclusive games (and total games) than the PS3 and 360 combined in Q4 2007. Wii is getting an exclusive online FF Crystal Chronicles, online Dr. Mario, and a DS demo station channel! And Sonic is not ruining Brawl. Judging by his debut video, he fits the feel of the game perfectly. The more diversity in characters, the better. It'll make the game last longer. We already got weirdos like the Ice Climbers duo and now the Pokemon Trainer's 3 character rotation. I'm all for it!

Second Point: Your friends must have sucked at Double Dash, because you can snake in that game too. I lost (err, failed to win) some good money in a Double Dash tournament because everybody in the final round was snaking but me. I too loved the double dash system, but I still have that game and can still play it. I welcome motorcycles! I bet they go a little faster but are easier to knock around. More options are good!

Third Point: I never paid too much attention to that game. Maybe it was awesome. But I'm already drowning in awesome announcements every day now!

Fourth Point: Yeah so the screenshots suck so far. Game sounds like it has a rad original plot. I'd like to czech it out.

Last Point: Go fuck an egg. Brawl is going to be the best game ever. I won't mind if it gets delayed a whole year. I'll play it for at least ten.

Bonus Point: I hate snesboy.
 Ocarina of Time is the best game ever. 

About Double Dash. It's interesting they tried a different mechanic - some liked it, some didn't. Now, they're trying another thing - some will like it, some won't. Same thing has happened with their platformers since like forever.

That's what makes Nin games interesting: they're always fresh and new (despite it being Mario something all the time). But I'm sure you know that even better than I do... Still, that means you can't go berserk all the time when they change something you used to like. Eventually, that's what's bound to happen: everything is open to change.

Otherwise, they'd either be pilling feature uppon feature (and you'd get crappy games), or changing nothing at all (and you'd get the same games over and over).

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I give up. Why won't someone ban me?

BAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

You can have your opinion but other people have their own... We have the right to think you're not right. Stop freaking out and calm down. If you can't accept that people disagree with you, you really shouldn't go on forums.

I know.^

GooseGaws said:
@Desroko:

Of course, that's true. I'm not saying that Nintendo doesn't involve themselves in the development process; what I'm saying is that these companies are not Nintendo. Even Intelligent Systems is not exactly Nintendo. EAD, now, that's Nintendo.

Well ... Sort of ...

What a lot of people consider to be "Nintendo" is actually Nintendo's First Party and Second Party developers; most of these developers have close working relationships with Nintendo, are partially owned and managed by Nintendo, and Nintendo has a vested interest in ensuring that the quality of these games is (reasonably) high.

I take it back; Intelligent Systems IS Nintendo. My mistake.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Snesboy said:
OMFG PEOPLE!!

I KNOW NINTENDO IS MAKING BRAWL. I AM NOT STUPID. LOOK AT MY ******* NAME! ITS SNESBOY OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT NINTENDO STUFF.

ROB SUCKED ASS. HE WAS THE STUPIDEST CHARACTER IN MARIO KART DS. HE WASNT EVEN A ******* MARIO CHARACTER.

YES I KNOW SCREENSHOTS DON'T MAKE A GAME. LOOK AT METROID PRIME 3. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP ON A COMPUTER MONITOR BUT GREAT ON YOUR TV.

I NEVER SAID SONIC WILDFIRE WAS A BAD GAME OR SONIC RUSH. I SAID THAT THEY WERE GOOD GAMES. READ DAMMIT.

OH YEAH, AND IF GAMES DO WELL SALES-WISE IN JANUARY THEN WHY DID RESIDENT EVIL 4 BOMB ON THE GAMECUBE?

HOW THE HELL DID PEOPLE HATE THE GREATEST CO-OP EVER IN DD!! ARE THEY ON CRACK? OBVIOUSLY YES.

I JUST TRY TO START A LEGITIMATE CONVERSATION BUT I GUESS EVEN THE FUCKING NINTENDO FANBOYS HERE ARE COMPLETE FUCKING TOTAL DOUCHEBAGS TOO. I TRIED TO BE NICE. BUT NO. I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT AND YOU GUYS RIP ME TO PIECES. FUCK YOU ALL I AM GOING BACK TO 1UP.

BANNED.

WELL, IN REPLY... oh wait, there's my caps locks key. 

1) Mario Kart Double Dash wasn't that great.

2)Even if Sonic wasn't up to the quality of Brawl (which makes no sense) it's not like the game's worth is determined by the average of all the characters "coolness." Even if sonic was terrible, it would be just as amazing a game, just with an extra option for a not-so-great character.

3) Hmmm. Why did RE 4 sell poorly on Gamecube? Well. The key words would be. Resident Evil 4. And Gamecube. Not a very large base, and not exactly a RE oriented base either. And, for the record, it didn't sell all that poorly.

4) If you know that screenshots don't make a game, then why are you complaining about screenshots? Honestly.

I could go on, but why? I'm just doing this for my own sake to cleanse the bad taste in my mouth from your complete and utter inanity. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.