By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Direction

What do you think is going to happen when you start spouting off the stupid you did? You're trying to tell people SSBB will suck because Sonic has had some bad games in the last 10 years, you're assuming your opinion with Double Dash is the majority because we all know Nintendo doesn't listen to their customers, for some reason you're bringing up Project HAMMER wondering why a bad game got canceled (and it was a bad game if it was canceled), you're basing opinions about a game on screenshots from an early in development game, and you're trying to spell out doom for SSBB because it was pushed to 2008 for Japan.

When everyone in the thread calls you on your bullshit then you should probably get the clue they really weren't the awesome topics you thought they were.

Snesboy said:

BANNED.

At least you'll probably get one thing right. Like I said to Project HAMMER: good riddance.

Around the Network

I don't consider Retro Studios games to be "Nintendo-developed" either. Just because a company is owned by another company doesn't make them the same.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

You think Brawl will flop because of a January release? Other games, you might be right, but not a game like Brawl. Big sellers, and big core games in particular, sell right out the door no matter when they're released. Halo came out on a slow season, and look how that went.

Plus, you know what I personally hate? Games that are rushed out the door to meet a deadline, with issues that could be solved with an extra developer-month, simply because the coorporation is to eager to publish the game, and too petty to spend an extra couple of grand on it, when it stands to make millions of it.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I am not saying Brawl will suck nor it will flop. I am just saying that its sales would be SLIGHTLY affected. Remember, people don't buy as much after the holiday season.

GooseGaws said:

I don't consider Retro Studios games to be "Nintendo-developed" either. Just because a company is owned by another company doesn't make them the same.

AMEN.

Are you gonna report me now? please!

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:

You have a right to that opinion, but it's mistaken. Nintendo has creative control over their second-party developers - Retro employees complained about that a lot before Metroid Prime was released a few years ago. 

Also, Resident Evil 4 didn't bomb on the Cube.

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
Also, Resident Evil 4 didn't bomb on the Cube.
 But they still ported to PS2 though. which was total crap. 

Snesboy said:
I am not saying Brawl will suck nor it will flop. I am just saying that its sales would be SLIGHTLY affected. Remember, people don't buy as much after the holiday season.

Snesboy said:
OH YEAH, AND IF GAMES DO WELL SALES-WISE IN JANUARY THEN WHY DID RESIDENT EVIL 4 BOMB ON THE GAMECUBE?

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

@Desroko:

Of course, that's true. I'm not saying that Nintendo doesn't involve themselves in the development process; what I'm saying is that these companies are not Nintendo. Even Intelligent Systems is not exactly Nintendo. EAD, now, that's Nintendo.

Hates Nomura.