By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 over-tracked!!!!!!

It's hard to tell what people mean while reading words.

Around the Network

I post with a smile on my face. If you want to interpret my words and tone as anything, its probably best described as sillyness.

Tease.

I wonder if the ps3 fans are let say right that 360 is overtracked...wonder what that means to wii marketshare....50% CONFIRMED?

Face it, the X360 is not over-tracked and the gap is 8.4 million between the X360 and PS3 and is steadily increasing every week.

The X360 is having incredible momentum so that there's been shortages much like the Wii had last year. Only 300,000 X360 units are availabe in the retail channel. The reason for this demand is a big hype for Natal and excitement among gamers all over the world for upcoming multi-million AAA exclusives such as Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Risen and Crackdown 2.

Yesterday I was at four game and electronics stores in my city and there were no X360's to be found xcept for a couple of Elites (but one of them was already reserved), while there were huge piles of PS3's everywhere.

By end of year the gap will be over 10 million.

And when the gap is over 10 million aligned launches will be in 360's favour.
Hopefully for some fans the 10million will actually be the 360 being over tracked.

Around the Network

I highly doubt the gap will go as big as 10 million.

There is bound to be either a Slimline PS3 or a pricecut this Christmas, maybe even both.

All signs are pointing towards Gran Turimso 5 getting released before the year ends... and Final Fantasy 13 will be releasing in Japan.

The gap could go to the high 9 millions, but i think 10 is highly doubtful.

Slimebeast said:

Face it, the X360 is not over-tracked and the gap is 8.4 million between the X360 and PS3 and is steadily increasing every week.

The X360 is having incredible momentum so that there's been shortages much like the Wii had last year. Only 300,000 X360 units are availabe in the retail channel. The reason for this demand is a big hype for Natal and excitement among gamers all over the world for upcoming multi-million AAA exclusives such as Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Risen and Crackdown 2.

Yesterday I was at four game and electronics stores in my city and there were no X360's to be found xcept for a couple of Elites (but one of them was already reserved), while there were huge piles of PS3's everywhere.

By end of year the gap will be over 10 million.

Oh come on fanboy, let's look the 360 shippement :

Q4 08 : 1.3 M, price high

Q4 09 : 1.2, price low.

You say "incredible momentum" ???

i haven't heard anything about 360 shortages.
its impossible there is 130,000 xbox only around the world right now... it should be bigger.

^they're making way for new SKUs, silly.

Normally they would have stuffed the channel with +1 mill units, thus shipping 2.2 mill during the last quarter.

kowenicki said:
@xoj

where do you get 130,000 from

vgc is 400k lower.... READ THE THREAD!!

shipped its 31.4 shippped. VGC is 31.28 now.