By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 over-tracked!!!!!!

^thhey have probably sent out another shipment since the 1.2 mill in the quaterly report.

So with another 300,000 shipped in July it could be 31.7 mill shipped by now.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Xoj said:
kowenicki said:
@xoj

where do you get 130,000 from

vgc is 400k lower.... READ THE THREAD!!

shipped its 31.4 shippped. VGC is 31.28 now.

Its shipped to end of June... 31.4m

VGC to end of June 31.0 m

so actually 300k

u know june was 3 weeks ago right? and the 360 have already sold those 300,000 right?

so they should only 128,000 in the market and that's impossible.

Errrr...the number reported was as of when...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Slimebeast said:

Face it, the X360 is not over-tracked and the gap is 8.4 million between the X360 and PS3 and is steadily increasing every week.

The X360 is having incredible momentum so that there's been shortages much like the Wii had last year. Only 300,000 X360 units are availabe in the retail channel. The reason for this demand is a big hype for Natal and excitement among gamers all over the world for upcoming multi-million AAA exclusives such as Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Risen and Crackdown 2.

Yesterday I was at four game and electronics stores in my city and there were no X360's to be found xcept for a couple of Elites (but one of them was already reserved), while there were huge piles of PS3's everywhere.

By end of year the gap will be over 10 million.

Two things.

Firstly, as can be evidenced by the depressing weekly figures for consoles all-round, the 360's momentum has slowed down as of late.

Secondly, the reason for the 360's current demand has nothing to do with Natal whatsoever. How many average consumers do you think tuned into E3? And then how many of those do you believe decided to buy a 360 the next day for a product that wouldn't be out until Spring 2010 at the earliest?

I have editd my opening post for people who cant be arsed to read all the thread ;)

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I think it's more overtracked based on how many 360s RROD'd and are sitting in landfills.

Is this still going on? Didn't ioi clear it up?

wholikeswood said:
Slimebeast said:

Face it, the X360 is not over-tracked and the gap is 8.4 million between the X360 and PS3 and is steadily increasing every week.

The X360 is having incredible momentum so that there's been shortages much like the Wii had last year. Only 300,000 X360 units are availabe in the retail channel. The reason for this demand is a big hype for Natal and excitement among gamers all over the world for upcoming multi-million AAA exclusives such as Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Risen and Crackdown 2.

Yesterday I was at four game and electronics stores in my city and there were no X360's to be found xcept for a couple of Elites (but one of them was already reserved), while there were huge piles of PS3's everywhere.

By end of year the gap will be over 10 million.

Two things.

Firstly, as can be evidenced by the depressing weekly figures for consoles all-round, the 360's momentum has slowed down as of late.

Secondly, the reason for the 360's current demand has nothing to do with Natal whatsoever. How many average consumers do you think tuned into E3? And then how many of those do you believe decided to buy a 360 the next day for a product that wouldn't be out until Spring 2010 at the earliest?

lol wood, I thought u were one of the smarter posters here on VGC.

Let's just say I wasn't 100% serious when I wrote that post. ^^

(yes yes, I know. Irony and humour is hard to detect in text if u don't give any good clues. But at least I gave Risen ^^)

Still 7+ million ahead of the PS3, and 20 million behind the Wii regardless.
Same situation the XBox 360 was in before: Second place and no chance of catching the Wii (same goes for the PS3).

All I care about is accuracy to, and when NPD reports they change their numbers. The site is legit.

It's just that simple.

From GFK/Charttrack, NPD and Media Create.
Worldwide 31 june 2009:

* Nintendo Wii: 50.911.000 unità nel mondo.
* Microsoft Xbox 360: 31.069.000
* Sony Playstation 3: 22.644.000
* Nintendo DS: 105.655.000
* Sony PSP: 47.241.000

from anotherworldx.it data.