By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 ODST over or under 3.1 million for september NPD

Halo_Reach said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
outlawauron said:
Under. It's not going to be as big as Halo 3.

Halo 3 didn't much over 3 million in two weeks, and I don't expect this to match that.

Halo 3 sold 4.6 million in 2 weeks.

Worldwide. But the thread is only dealing with NPD

Oh, right. In that case, HELL no. Should manage around 2 million 2 weeks NPD, maybe 2.5 million if it's lucky. It should hit 3 million worldwide in that time.

i am going to bump this and own you when first day sales top 2 million

Gears 2 had much bigger hype and sold only 1.6M in two weeks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
matt247 said:
fastyxx said:
CatFangs806 said:
Halo 3 sold almost 4 million worldwide in September, and it only had a week to do that. I don't think ODST will have the hype to push it that far, but we'll see.

Less hype - true.

But when Halo 3 launched, there were about 12 million 360's sold.  Now there are 31 million and counting.  There are a LOT more potential customers.

Since were talking about NPD, there were around 7 million 360's sold in the US when Halo 3 came out and around 17 million now.

Yes.  But the point to be made is the same.  They sold 3.1 million in two weeks on 7 million boxes - almost 50% attach the first week.  To do 3.1 million on what will be over 18 million is only about a 17% attach rate.   

Considering over 700,000 unique players logged in to H3 yesterday, I'd say the appetite for Halo is still there.  As of the middle of last winter, Bungie said they were still getting nearly 2 million unique users a week.  Those people are largely buying it Day 1.

It'll be interesting.  But I wouldn't underestimate the power of Halo.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Zlejedi said:
Halo_Reach said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
outlawauron said:

Halo 3 didn't much over 3 million in two weeks, and I don't expect this to match that.

Oh, right. In that case, HELL no. Should manage around 2 million 2 weeks NPD, maybe 2.5 million if it's lucky. It should hit 3 million worldwide in that time.

Gears 2 had much bigger hype and sold only 1.6M in two weeks.

gears 2 was also a let down after the first one.... i enjoyed the story, but the vehicle sections sucked ..... and they still have not improved the online modes... horde mode is alright, but ive been playing shit like that since what 01? i cant remember the first game anymore that had that kinda feature 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

fastyxx said:
matt247 said:
fastyxx said:
CatFangs806 said:
Halo 3 sold almost 4 million worldwide in September, and it only had a week to do that. I don't think ODST will have the hype to push it that far, but we'll see.

Less hype - true.

But when Halo 3 launched, there were about 12 million 360's sold.  Now there are 31 million and counting.  There are a LOT more potential customers.

Since were talking about NPD, there were around 7 million 360's sold in the US when Halo 3 came out and around 17 million now.

Yes.  But the point to be made is the same.  They sold 3.1 million in two weeks on 7 million boxes - almost 50% attach the first week.  To do 3.1 million on what will be over 18 million is only about a 17% attach rate.   

Considering over 700,000 unique players logged in to H3 yesterday, I'd say the appetite for Halo is still there.  As of the middle of last winter, Bungie said they were still getting nearly 2 million unique users a week.  Those people are largely buying it Day 1.

It'll be interesting.  But I wouldn't underestimate the power of Halo.  

Exactly. Around 1 million unique players every weekend, this won't have as much hype as Halo 3 but Microsoft will get its ass' in gear come september (or even earlier) and start marketing the hell out of this.

Halo_Reach said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
outlawauron said:

In NA? You do that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
goddog said:

gears 2 was also a let down after the first one.... i enjoyed the story, but the vehicle sections sucked ..... and they still have not improved the online modes... horde mode is alright, but ive been playing shit like that since what 01? i cant remember the first game anymore that had that kinda feature 

It being a let down wouldn't reflect on its first week sales as word of mouth hasn't had enough time to travel.

And that game was awesome, and improved on the original in every way.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Under. I'll put in for somewhere in the mid 2 millions for that first period of time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Kantor said:
outlawauron said:

But we're only talking about America here.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

2 mill 1st week and 6 mill lifetime

it will sell 2.7 million in first 2 days guys at my gamestop i pre-ordered at there are a ton of pre-orders and people will buy this, it Halo and it pwns