By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 ODST over or under 3.1 million for september NPD

drinkvault said:

It will be under 3.1 for September NPD. It's only an expansion and Modern Warfare 2 is coming out (with Modern Warfare 1 being new vs Halo 3 in '07 and it still matched in in sales). Modern Warfare 2 is one of the biggest hypetrains since Halo 3, so it will hurt ODST sales.

modern warfare 2 looks like a arcade game, with everything popping up right in the middle of the screen in big letters. just what i need.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
Halo 3:ODST: I will say 2 million for september NPD. Halo 3:ODST ltd sales of around 4 to 5 million tops. It is a spin off game and not a continuation of the Halo main story.

I was going to say that but then I got to thinking, I know it's a spin off but do the 10 million people who purchased Halo 3 know that?  Are they all on message boards and will know about this or will they see a commercial and be like, "Whoa, another Halo game?!?!?  Hell yeah!!!!" and lap it up?

I think the first month will be 1-2 million units, which is lower than Halo 3.  I think the hardcore is what really drives that first 9 day period.  The hardcore knows that it started off as just an addon and may not be as willing to buy it as they were Halo 3.  However, once the everyday gamer finds out, I think the game has major potential to put up your typical Halo numbers.

1 mill under

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
1 mill under

what a troll you are, it will sell 1 million in 15 minutes

Im going to say over...I really think the fact that its a spinoff and not a continuation of the main story will be a selling point. Lets put it this way...I played the first one, skipped the second, bought the 3rd a couple weeks after launch but didnt care for it much but am intrigued enough by what i have seen of ODST enough to preorder.

Around the Network
Halo_Reach said:
chapset said:
1 mill under

what a troll you are, it will sell 1 million in 15 minutes

Sorry, but that wasn't a trolling post. Take a closer look at it, specifically the order of the words. The order of the words state that it will be 1 million under something, a quantity that, while not defined explicitly in the post, can be inferred from the thread topic. They are not stating that it will be under 1 million. Note the difference in the location of the word under. Yeah, the English language can be a bitch like that.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Erm about the people saying Halo ODST will sell Halo 3 like numbers because its a Halo FPS. Wrong. Final Fantasy spin-offs never sell as good as the main games

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
Erm about the people saying Halo ODST will sell Halo 3 like numbers because its a Halo FPS. Wrong. Final Fantasy spin-offs never sell as good as the main games

final fantasy is nothing compared to halo