By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 ODST over or under 3.1 million for september NPD

Under because of MW2.  I believe most are waiting for MW2.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
Halo 3:ODST: I will say 2 million for september NPD. Halo 3:ODST ltd sales of around 4 to 5 million tops. It is a spin off game and not a continuation of the Halo main story.

Just because it's not a numbered sequel doesn't mean it's not part of the main story of Halo.

@topic: I think it will do well, but not quite 3 million first month.  Maybe 2, with a lifetime of 5 or 6.

seece said:
matt247 said:
seece said:
Squilliam said:
It launches at the end of September so I don't think so. It launches the 27th I believe. It would have to sell more than Halo 3 over the first few days.

Nope, September 22nd, giving its first week 4 days and its next week also 4 days. So it has 8 days worth of sales in September NPD.

Not really, last year it ended Oct 4th and the year before that it ended Oct 6

I don't think NPD crosses over months ....

It does, just look at last month, it went from May 31 - July 4

Under, but it would be awesome if it was over.

CatFangs806 said:
Halo 3 sold almost 4 million worldwide in September, and it only had a week to do that. I don't think ODST will have the hype to push it that far, but we'll see.

Less hype - true.

But when Halo 3 launched, there were about 12 million 360's sold.  Now there are 31 million and counting.  There are a LOT more potential customers.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
fastyxx said:
CatFangs806 said:
Halo 3 sold almost 4 million worldwide in September, and it only had a week to do that. I don't think ODST will have the hype to push it that far, but we'll see.

Less hype - true.

But when Halo 3 launched, there were about 12 million 360's sold.  Now there are 31 million and counting.  There are a LOT more potential customers.

Since were talking about NPD, there were around 7 million 360's sold in the US when Halo 3 came out and around 17 million now.

2 million at the most.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Under. It's not going to be as big as Halo 3.

Halo 3 didn't much over 3 million in two weeks, and I don't expect this to match that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Under, but only slightly.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

outlawauron said:
Under. It's not going to be as big as Halo 3.

Halo 3 didn't much over 3 million in two weeks, and I don't expect this to match that.

Halo 3 sold 4.6 million in 2 weeks.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective