By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 ODST over or under 3.1 million for september NPD

Under.

Around the Network

Under. Way under,

What's the last day for that month? Anyways, I'll Push

Squilliam said:
It launches at the end of September so I don't think so. It launches the 27th I believe. It would have to sell more than Halo 3 over the first few days.

Nope, September 22nd, giving its first week 4 days and its next week also 4 days. So it has 8 days worth of sales in September NPD.

Not even close. I'll say barely 2 million.

Around the Network
seece said:
Squilliam said:
It launches at the end of September so I don't think so. It launches the 27th I believe. It would have to sell more than Halo 3 over the first few days.

Nope, September 22nd, giving its first week 4 days and its next week also 4 days. So it has 8 days worth of sales in September NPD.

Not really, last year it ended Oct 4th and the year before that it ended Oct 6

matt247 said:
seece said:
Squilliam said:

Not really, last year it ended Oct 4th and the year before that it ended Oct 6

I don't think NPD crosses over months ....

Anyway, Halo 3 released 25th and Halo ODST will release 23rd, so its an extra 2 days of sale as far as NPD is confirmed.

3.3 million Halo 3 did in September NPD, so with the extra 2 days I think ODST can match and even surpass that.

Halo 3 sold almost 4 million worldwide in September, and it only had a week to do that. I don't think ODST will have the hype to push it that far, but we'll see.

Squilliam said:

i thought you were in the know, guess not