By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sept. Wii software vs PS3 software

fishy warhawk is still $40 without the bluetooth. and is available without the bluetooth, how much do you think wii play would sell without the controller????

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
fishy warhawk is still $40 without the bluetooth. and is available without the bluetooth, how much do you think wii play would sell without the controller????

Carnival games is selling for $40. It's selling pretty decently at that. So $40 for Wii Play would be my guess.

Wii Sports sells for $40 in Japan. It's been the best selling console game in Japan in the last year.

dgm6780 said:
we cant forget solitaire, hearts, freecell and pinball. all of which have sold more then SMB. So we have a new top 5 all time selling games.

We are talking consoles right?

Is solitaire really a system (PC) seller?

Is every system or even a moderate % of systems that solitaire is on really bought for the sole purpose of playing games?

Playing word games like this and twisting logic is not improving your argument at all, you need to be more convincing

Im actually surprised of how well PS3 software sales are ... I never knew :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

you call 97K in 5 weeks good? and use this as backup as to why we should count the 2.3 million wii controllers on a software chart.

and it was just a Sept comparison folks. And the Wii has Metroid's 2-5 weeks included, some of you guys acted liked Wii had no games released.

anyone going to respond to Minesweeper being the best selling game of all time?

Around the Network

You can't count in those five games because they're pack-ins. And we're counting consoles not PC's so don't twist logic because PC games like minsweeper are totally different than games like gran tursimo. We don't give a rat's ass about minesweeper of solitaire because we're talking about consoles, and you had to cherr pick to make sure the wii would fail to validate your meaningless point of it being a fad even though those games still exist.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dgm6780 said:
anyone going to respond to Minesweeper being the best selling game of all time?

Just did a few posts up

I used solitaire instead of minesweeper, but it would work just as well 

Rab said:
dgm6780 said:
we cant forget solitaire, hearts, freecell and pinball. all of which have sold more then SMB. So we have a new top 5 all time selling games.

We are talking consoles right?

Is solitaire really a system (PC) seller?

Is every system or even a moderate % of systems that solitaire is on really bought for the sole purpose of playing games?

Playing word games like this and twisting logic is not improving your argument at all, you need to be more convincing

is even a moderate % buying wii play for the game?  or the controller?

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php

and vg chartz includes PC games,  Sims for PC sits at #9.  and why does solataire have to be a system seller

to get counted?  is wii play a system seller?  lol think not 

its not a word game, many have said that wii play counts because you paid for it and its software.  they are 

the ones using word games.  using that same logic Minesweeper & solataire should be counted. they are

software and you paid money for them.  So what if its a small pack in with Windows, Wii play is a pack in with a controller 

Well it's been said plenty of times, but I'll repeat.

You can walk into a store and buy a Wiimote for $40.
Or you can walk into a store and buy a Wiimote + Wii Play for $50. How can you not count the game? People are consciously paying $10 for this game...it's stupid to not count it, even if it is cheap and short.

You don't have to take it so seriously...Wii Play obviously sells well because it's cheap. You can tell yourself it doesn't really matter since it's just a cheap minigame collection. I'd actually agree with you. That doesn't mean it shouldn't get counted in software sales though...that's just fanboyism.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

hmmm....warhawk gets u a headset, boogie a microphone, Re:UC a blaster...WiiFit a Balance Baord...let's just stop keeping sales for all the games that come in with a pack in peripheral.