By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sept. Wii software vs PS3 software

I wouldn't include Wii Sports either. And I didn't edit my post, it just got blanked or something.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

c'mom you guys...lol...dgm/dr.pepper is much brighter than Hus...at least give him credit for that. I've never actually see Hus participate in a debate. He makes stupid drive-by one liners that usually begin with

LMMFAO!!

dgm is opinionated and stubborn (not necessarily bad traits) but he is not simply confrontational for the sake of being confrontational.

Does Guitar Hero's Sales count, being that it comes packed in with a guitar controller?
Does Sing Star's sales count, being that it comes packed in with a microphone?
What about DDR, Donky Kong Jungle Beat, Time Crysis 4 or Samba-de-amigo?

For many people they bought the Wii because of Wii Sports, and they went with the Wii play bundle for Wii Play; I doubt you can find anyone who choose Windows because it included Minesweeper or Solitare. Certainly, not everyone pays a lot of money for these games but they do impact the attach rate for the console; many people I know would have bought Wario Ware, Mario Party or Rayman Raving Rabbids in place of Wii Sports or Wii Play if it was not available.

These games may not have the longest or deepest single player games, but neither does Heavenly Sword which doesn't have the replayability due to not having multiplayer options.

I would agree that games that are (ever) bundled should have a * next to their sales ranking on their list of "best selling games" but that doesn't change that these games are important to the platform and that people were buying the system (in part) for these games.

LMMFAO!!= Laughing my motherf****ing ass off?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I honestly don't care if this whole thread was about how Wii's attach rate sucks compared to the PS3's.

But you need to at least include Wii Play. It is a game on the market that costs money, there is NO reason to keep it off the lists.

You can keep Wii Sports off the list if you want, not for Japan though. You do not have a choice, if you buy a Wii in NA or Europe, you are buying Wii Sports. With Wii Play, millions of people CHOSE to pay more for this game when buying another controller. You can't discount that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

actually wii sports sales are higher than a 1 to 1 attach ratio in the US, you can buy copies from nintendo for 15 dollars, I know I had to when I wanted a copy for my used wii,
if nothing else if wii sports wasn't bundled it would still sell incredibly well, it's the primary reason people buy the wii as far as I can tell.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dtewi....most definitely...lol.

BenKenobi88 said:

You can keep Wii Sports off the list if you want

Without Wii Sports some other game would have been bought in it's place

You don't buy a console and no games, but in reality so many people actually bought the Wii for Wii Sports (Japan is proof of that), sales of Wii Sports must be counted even if it's a pack in, due to the fact it actually takes away sales from other games that would have been purchased in it's place if it wasn't there!

To discount it completely in the US/Europe does not make sense, if Japan can buy loads of Wii Sports so can the US and Europe

Let's compare August, which was still a good month for the PS3 because of Madden.

This does not include Wii Sports, but does include Wii Play (it's been well established that Wii Play should count).

Yes, we can see that the PS3 does indeed have a larger attach rate (5.8 to 4.1), but that will never compensate for the higher development costs.

WeekWii Software
Wii Hardware
 PS3 Software
PS3 software
August 4th
August 11th
August 18th
August 25th

Totals

Anyone have attach rates from last generation?