By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sept. Wii software vs PS3 software

for this comparison we will not be counting Wii controller sales(Wii Play) or Wii console sales(Wii Sports)  We are only counting GAMES that people go out and buy.  Not pack ins or $10 games included with a controller.

For week ending Sept 29th

PS3 = 235,110

Wii = 280,915

For week ending Sept 22nd

PS3 = 284,516

Wii =  280,816 

For week ending Sept 15

PS3 = 368,484

Wii = 264,697 

For week ending Sept 8

PS3 = 295,701

Wii = 376,791 

Sept totals

PS3 =  1,183,811                     total userbase :  2,070,000

Wii =  1,203,120                      total userbase :  5,000,000

So someone, please tell me why people think the Wii is some kinda reigning champ thats going to run away

with the title this generation.  To me these numbers show that too many Wii owners are casual gamers that arent going to drive the Wii to longterm success.  It shows 

that the wii was a hot fad last year and lots of people are already losing interest and just going to buy the

big releases (mario galaxy, smash bros, metroid, zelda) but not support 3rd parties and thus not support

the platform as a whole.  Its actually on track to follow the N64, funny how some people say the opposite, 

that the PS3 is going down the N64 pathway. 

Around the Network

I sell flame shield and flame shield accessories.

Something tells me I'll be making a lot of money here.

Why do you think epic said going nintendo is a waste of time?

mM

You can't discount Wii Play + Sports. Therefore, your numbers are wrong from the start. The end.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

You are gonna get flamed the $#!+ out of. *sits and watches*

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

So it's okay to include MotorStorm in your PS3 totals, but not Wii Sports in your Wii totals? Plus, not all of the Wii Sports software is pack-in. In Japan, you have to buy it. Unless I'm missing something, your data seems as accurate as SDF's.

Let's just get rid of 1.5 million PS3's sold because they were bundled.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Bodhesatva said:
You can't discount Wii Play + Sports. Therefore, your numbers are wrong from the start. The end.

I hate to say this, but you just phailed.

tarheel91 said:
So it's okay to include MotorStorm in your PS3 totals, but not Wii Sports in your Wii totals? Plus, not all of the Wii Sports software is pack-in. In Japan, you have to buy it. Unless I'm missing something, your data seems as accurate as SDF's.

Except he's only using American data. 

You had to take away a console's biggest sellers for another console to come close to beating it in sales because Nintendo made a great decision about bundling a game with a wiimote. So this somehow validates some meaningless point.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

MontanaHatchet said:
Bodhesatva said:

I hate to say this, but you just phailed.

tarheel91 said:

Except he's only using American data.

Good job ignoring my first point about MotorStorm.  Regardless, my point is that if you're going to include pack-in MotorStorm, you've got to include pack-in Wii Sports, and if you're going to include pack-in MotorStorm, you most definitely have to include a game that actually costs money like Wii Play.