By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nooooo ! "Tekken director: Unlockables are 'outdated' "

Terrible move, unlockables keep gamers coming back more and more for that tiny piece they may have missed doing whatever. It keeps the game fresh and exciting outside of online modes. Terrible, terrible move.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network
Barozi said:
To me unlocking new costumes and especially new characters is my motivation to play Beat'em Ups.

What a fail move....

I agree, and not only for fighting games. Mario Power Tennis had most of the characters unlocked from the start, it was very disappointing...

it's interesting that I didn't miss it in MK Trilogy back then, although I guess it's because the major point in the game was actually playing ALL the characters from different MK's...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Well, that's both good and bad I guess.

I play fighting games locally with my friends for the most part, just to have something to compete in, and this is a welcome thing for that style of play.

What I don't like is that it takes out a great deal of incentive to play the game other than when I have friends over. Trophies will help a bit there, but if you aren't playing to unlock something in a fighting game, there isn't a lot of reason to play.

Overall though, I'd rather that they use the model of unlocking characters though

What? Unlocking characters is the best part!

You need to having something worthwhile to work towards. If it's all there right from the start there's no incentive to play.

it's not like anyone cares bout Tekken 6 looking at gameplay videos. i will get BlazBlue and KoFXII.

Around the Network

Lol KoF. I can understand getting BlazBlue (got it myself), but KoF, dude? over Tekken 6? for real?

That E3 trailer was so goddamn atrocioius.

They just want to milk everyone for DLC instead of letting you unlock stuff, like most companies this gen.

I hope we can still earn in-game money to customize our characters like in Tekken 5.

Signature goes here!

@TruckOSaurus

u cant customize laser for kazuya

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
@TruckOSaurus

u cant customize laser for kazuya

I think it's time to let it go Devil Kazuya is dead.

Signature goes here!