By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nooooo ! "Tekken director: Unlockables are 'outdated' "

Duh... it's all about achievements now.... instead of unlocking characters/weapons or even concept art you unlock a bit of text telling you what you just did.

Around the Network

I don't like all these new trends in gaming.

Physical copies of media=bad
Controllers=bad
Sitting down while playing=bad
Unlocking things=bad
Pressing a button and watching the game play itself=good
Skipping parts of the game entirely because you suck=good

This crap has got to stop or gaming will be ruined completely in 10 years.

deadt0m said:
ssj12 said:
So no incentive to actually play the game.. what dumb ass developers. Tekken 6 fails.

You are such a fucking clown.  If you enjoy the gameplay, unlocking characters should be irrelevant, because the whole point of gaming is to have fun.  If you don't like the game, but would play it just to unlock characters, you are some sort of subhuman pavlovian freak.  Either way you slice it, though, this is a stupid post.

While I don't agree with him, I can't agree with you either. Most people find it a enjoyable experience to unlock new chars in tekken. I hope this will backlash on them so much that they'll feel forced to atleast integrate the option when you start the game first time to choose yourself.

Check out my game about moles ^

deadt0m said:
ssj12 said:
So no incentive to actually play the game.. what dumb ass developers. Tekken 6 fails.

You are such a fucking clown.  If you enjoy the gameplay, unlocking characters should be irrelevant, because the whole point of gaming is to have fun.  If you don't like the game, but would play it just to unlock characters, you are some sort of subhuman pavlovian freak.  Either way you slice it, though, this is a stupid post.

I disagree with you because the whole point of unlockables to extend the fun. What I disagree with you even more is that you could've been at least a little nicer & try to explain to him your point without insulting him.

I LIKE REDMOON ONLINE. IT'S TEH MOST AWESOMEST MMORPG. RUNESCAPE HAS NOTHING ON IT. ;) My full Videogame collection (Well, not really that full): http://www.backloggery.com/marktheshark I'LL COOL YOUR ANGER WITH AN ICE SPIRIT BLAST!!!!111111!!!!!!111!!!!1!!! List of vg studios that've been shut down this generation: Digital Anvil Headfirst Productions Frog City Software (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Indie Built (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Wolfpack Studios Core Design (Subsiduary of Eidos) Rockstar Vienna/neo Software Produktions GmbH (Subsidiary of Rockstar Games) Clover Studios (Subsiduary of Capcom) Sidecar Studios Flagship (Subsiduary of Capcom) FASA Studio Nihon Telenet EA Chicago aka NufX (Subsiduary of EA) Kush Games (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Concrete Games (Subsiduary of THQ?) Iron Lore Entertainment Carbonated Games Stormfront Studios Pseudo Interactive PAM Development (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Venom Games (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Castaway Entertainment Flagship Studios Pivotal Games (Subsiduary of Eidos) Sierra Entertainment (Subsiduary of Activison) Helixe (Subsiduary of THQ) Mass Media (Subsiduary of THQ) Locomotive Games (Subsiduary of THQ) Paradigm Entertainment (Subsiduary of THQ) Sandblast Games (Subsiduary of THQ) Brash Entertainment Jaleco (Assets sold to Game Yarou) MS Aces Rockpool Games (Subsiduary of Eidos) Seta Corporation Humanature Studio (Subsiduary of Nexon) Ensemble Studios Straylight Studios 3D Realms GameLab Factor 5 America's Army Studio The Fizz Factor (Subsiduary of Amaze Entertainment) GRIN Software Bottlerocket Entertainment Shaba Studios (Subsiduary of Activision) Transmission Games Pandemic Studios Ninja Studio Fuzzyeyes Studio Near Death Studios Deep Silver Vienna (Subsidiary of Deep Silver) Incognito Entertainment (Subsiduary of SCEA) Matahari Studios (Subsiduary of Kuju?) Luxoflux (Subsiduary of Activison) Underground Development (Subsiduary of Activison) Red Octane (Subsiduary of Activison) Universomo (Subsiduary of THQ) Cing Zushi Games Javaground Silver Style Entertainment Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment Secret Level (Subsiduary of Sega) Ninja Studio Monte Cristo Cavia Flight-Plan Sparkplay Media Realtime Worlds Gaia Krome Studios Budcat Creations NetDevil Outerlight Propaganda Games (Subsiduary of Disney Interactive) MTV Games Bizarre Creations 7 Studios (Subsiduary of Activision) Pi Studios Cohort Studios Frozen North Productions Killaware Game Republic Titan Studios (Subsidiary of Epic Games China) Kaos Studios (Subsidiary of THQ?) THQ Digital Warrington (Subsidiary of THQ) Blue Tongue (Subsidiary of THQ) Black Rock Studio (Subsidiary of Disney Interactive) Blue Fang Team Bondi Darkworks Multiverse Monumental Games Bigbig Studios (Subsidiary of Sony) Hudson Soft (Subsidiary of Konami) Spellbound Entertainment Zipper Interactive (Subsidiary of Sony) 4mm Games 38 Studios Big Huge Games (Subsidiary of 38 Studios) Rockstar Vancouver/Barking Dog Studios (Subsidiary of Rockstar Games) Radical Entertainment (Subsidiary of Activision) SCE Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis (Subsidiary of SCE World wide Studios) Project Sora (Subsidiary of Nintendo) Black Hole Entertainment Paragon Studios (Subsidiary of NCsoft) Crave Entertainment Eurocom THQ Vigil Games (Subsidiary of THQ) Junction Point Studios Milestone Inc. Lucasarts Eden Games (Subsidiary of Atari) Silicon Knights Timegate Studios EA Phenomic (Subsidiary of EA) Blitz Games Neverland Ea Black Box (Subsidiary of EA) Terminal Reality Two Tribes B.V. Irrational Games Maxis (Subsidiary of EA)

JPL78 said:
I don't like all these new trends in gaming.

Physical copies of media=bad
Controllers=bad
Sitting down while playing=bad
Unlocking things=bad
Pressing a button and watching the game play itself=good
Skipping parts of the game entirely because you suck=good

This crap has got to stop or gaming will be ruined completely in 10 years.

Totally agree with that, dude.

Around the Network

I agree with him...In the end it's just a matter of preference of course but I see where he's coming from. Though it would still be cool to have a "secret" character or two.

This doesn't bother me at all... By the looks of this thread.. I guess I'm in the minority :S

4 ≈ One

Meh.

I'd be fine if I don't have to jump through hoops to unlock my favorite characters. In the old days it was a very special thing to have unlockable characters. In fact, that far back they were secret characters and their rarity reflected that.

There are ways to make single-player replayable.... like making it entertaining on its own. Outside of that? Meh. This facilitates multiplayer, which is what matters most.

thekitchensink said:
No! What will Jill Valentine do now??

C'mon, no one?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
deadt0m said:
ssj12 said:

So true.

Beyond that, one of the worst feelings is taking a game over to a friends house and suddenly realizing that all the fun stuff you have at home can't be accessed because it's locked on your friend's console (*glares at SSBB*).