By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nooooo ! "Tekken director: Unlockables are 'outdated' "

ssj12 said:
So no incentive to actually play the game.. what dumb ass developers. Tekken 6 fails.

You are such a fucking clown.  If you enjoy the gameplay, unlocking characters should be irrelevant, because the whole point of gaming is to have fun.  If you don't like the game, but would play it just to unlock characters, you are some sort of subhuman pavlovian freak.  Either way you slice it, though, this is a stupid post.

Around the Network

Having an online mode in a game is all well and good, but nowadays it's starting th f*ck up single player modes, and that's bullshit.

No! What will Jill Valentine do now??

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

This is kind of a fail. The whole reason I love playing through brawl was to see who you get next. This is going to make single player rather boring I would think.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Screw unlockables.

I want to play as my favorite character straight away. The story can still be done just like SF2 and Mortal Kombat were.

If you want to play for 50 hours to earn a new outfit, fine but I don't want to have to do that for a character.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Unlocking characters is a traditional staple of fighting games. While I'm a Tekken fanatic, and yes, very, very, good at MP, I still find my favorite part of the new Tekken game is the story endings. I play them, unlock a new character, and then play that character's ending.

Overall, though, it's a relatively small mistake, since Tekken is all about MP anyway. Hopefully, the developers will replace that incentive with some new ones.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

what used to be unlockables are now DLCs

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I'm sre there back up to this will be... "Don't worry you guys if you play through story mode instead of unlocking characters you will be getting achievements/trophies for your hard work." I like the Achievements in games but I hate when developers of fighting games use them in place of unlockable characters.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

that sucks, a bad move. i love finding out who is hidden and working towards unlocking them.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Its not a big deal this is better to the players advantage.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB