By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - True or False: Pokemon is a childs game.

its a simplified jrpg for kids, but fun for all ages.

Around the Network

False. I love the games. and it says that it is rated "everyone". So if you disagree, your brain may aspload or something. So watch out.

Nintendo game tend to be able to play by all-age consumer.Everyone can play it, everyone can enjoy it. :D

I know many people that plays and likes Pokemon, from my 4 year old brother to one of my friends at near adult age. So yeah, like it's been said, it's for everyone.

Absolutely false.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

False, pokemon at a simple level is for children. But taking the game to higher tournament levels where you gotta breed the most powerful pokemon to beat other people who do the same? It's a adult's game of math and calculations.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

I don't think Pokemon is just for kids, I think it's for anyone who wants to play it.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

I look at it this way:

^ Lol!

SmokedHostage said:
outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

I'm not sure how anyone can actually think this. Pokemon is as simple as it gets.

I'm rather surprised a lot of people here don't seem to be aware of the competetive battling scene, which is arguably the deepest of any competetive game ever. Pokemon may only be for children and those who enjoy it, but the game is far from simple, i'm not going to go into some deep explanation about it, but you need a powerful mind to play competitively and i'm not joking. No other RPG is as complex as Pokemon. Sure there are some better RPG's out there, but i do not want a soul on this site to dismiss Pokemon as a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, because that is just not true.

I didn't say that it was a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, but rather just a simple game. Simple =/= bad game.

I think he's referring to depth as supposed to quality.

I understand the breeding and catching aspect is deep, but the actual battle system is simple.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.