By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - True or False: Pokemon is a childs game.

Shadowblind said:
TX109 said:
yes, it is for kids. but its not like only kids can enjoy it. i still like to play the games.

This right here.

Amen.

Around the Network

From how it looks I always thought it was just for kids. If its for adults too I don't think they've done a good job at advertising that fact at all.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

I'm not sure how anyone can actually think this. Pokemon is as simple as it gets.

I'm rather surprised a lot of people here don't seem to be aware of the competetive battling scene, which is arguably the deepest of any competetive game ever. Pokemon may only be for children and those who enjoy it, but the game is far from simple, i'm not going to go into some deep explanation about it, but you need a powerful mind to play competitively and i'm not joking. No other RPG is as complex as Pokemon. Sure there are some better RPG's out there, but i do not want a soul on this site to dismiss Pokemon as a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, because that is just not true.

I didn't say that it was a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, but rather just a simple game. Simple =/= bad game.

The last part wasn't directed at you personally, sorry if it seemed that way. But in all honesty, Pokemon isn't as simple as many may believe. The games really dont do themselves any favors by not mentioning any of the deeper stuff and only leaving relatively unhelpful clues...

This reminds me of this motivational poster.

No its a Generation game! You grow up with it and you continue to play it!

Give me a gameboy with pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold or Silver and ill play it longer than my 360 with L4D2.

FALSE!! IT IS FOR ALL AGES.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network
Nightwish224 said:
FALSE!! IT IS FOR ALL AGES.

Technically its rated ''E'' for everyone.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

@ sc94597. Nice, i've always actually wanted to know how the catch formula worked. Well... i actually don't "quite" get it because i suck at maths, but i have a rough idea of how it all works. I reckon if we all knew of the games deeper mechanics, nobody would look at Pokemon the same way again.

How technical is your game?

sc94597 said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

I'm not sure how anyone can actually think this. Pokemon is as simple as it gets.

I'm rather surprised a lot of people here don't seem to be aware of the competetive battling scene, which is arguably the deepest of any competetive game ever. Pokemon may only be for children and those who enjoy it, but the game is far from simple, i'm not going to go into some deep explanation about it, but you need a powerful mind to play competitively and i'm not joking. No other RPG is as complex as Pokemon. Sure there are some better RPG's out there, but i do not want a soul on this site to dismiss Pokemon as a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, because that is just not true.

I didn't say that it was a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, but rather just a simple game. Simple =/= bad game.

The last part wasn't directed at you personally, sorry if it seemed that way. But in all honesty, Pokemon isn't as simple as many may believe. The games really dont do themselves any favors by not mentioning any of the deeper stuff and only leaving relatively unhelpful clues...

Im sure many games have formulas like that, involved in the programing of events, I dont know actually but thats what I think

pastro243 said:
sc94597 said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

Im sure many games have formulas like that, involved in the programing of events, I dont know actually but thats what I think

seriously business? try solving a differential equations.

thats child play.

Xoj said:
pastro243 said:
sc94597 said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

seriously business? try solving a differential equations.

thats child play.

calculator, those are the barney toys of todays kids.