By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - True or False: Pokemon is a childs game.

Maneco said:

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

I'm not sure how anyone can actually think this. Pokemon is as simple as it gets.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

false. its for everyone

Maneco said:

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

its always been one  the much simpler if not the most simplest.

when pokemon yellow released, final fantasy releaded 7 - 8 - 9 next to each other.

each with different gameplay, music, battle system, characters , and story.

while it changed finally when it got to the DS... its not ground breaking u still need PP for moves, u rest on a pokemon center, and capture pretty much a pokemon to beat gym leaders.

outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

I'm not sure how anyone can actually think this. Pokemon is as simple as it gets.

Ignorance is bliss.

Pixel Art can be fun.

outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

I'm rather surprised a lot of people here don't seem to be aware of the competetive battling scene, which is arguably the deepest of any competetive game ever. Pokemon may only be for children and those who enjoy it, but the game is far from simple, i'm not going to go into some deep explanation about it, but you need a powerful mind to play competitively and i'm not joking. No other RPG is as complex as Pokemon. Sure there are some better RPG's out there, but i do not want a soul on this site to dismiss Pokemon as a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, because that is just not true.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

I'm rather surprised a lot of people here don't seem to be aware of the competetive battling scene, which is arguably the deepest of any competetive game ever. Pokemon may only be for children and those who enjoy it, but the game is far from simple, i'm not going to go into some deep explanation about it, but you need a powerful mind to play competitively and i'm not joking. No other RPG is as complex as Pokemon. Sure there are some better RPG's out there, but i do not want a soul on this site to dismiss Pokemon as a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, because that is just not true.

Yeah, I think the mistake in the first coment was saying it was better than FF

IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

I didn't say that it was a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, but rather just a simple game. Simple =/= bad game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

I didn't say that it was a "bottom of the barrel" RPG, but rather just a simple game. Simple =/= bad game.

I think he's referring to depth as supposed to quality.

Pixel Art can be fun.

No way! Collecting them all is too hardcore for kids! As is levelling up to lv 100 and battling. Am pretty sure the mad pokemon fans on Serebii.net and pokezam aren't kids.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

outlawauron said:
IxisNaugus said:
outlawauron said:
Maneco said:

The last part wasn't directed at you personally, sorry if it seemed that way. But in all honesty, Pokemon isn't as simple as many may believe. The games really dont do themselves any favors by not mentioning any of the deeper stuff and only leaving relatively unhelpful clues...

How technical is your game?