By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - True or False: Pokemon is a childs game.

The game-play is all ages emergent based game play. It's art style is oriented towards attracting youth. So you get in for the style and stay for the game.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

4 kids?

No, the games are to be enjoyed for everyone, but as Nordlead said, it's especially suitable for kids...

False. It's an RPG suitable for everyone (this includes kids). Just like Mario is a platformer for everyone. The art style of a game doesn't dictate the age of the player. Look at Zack and Wiki. It has a very cartoony appearance. But how many kids will continue to play after getting stuck for a few minutes on a hard puzzle?

Btw, Squirtle is the man.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

It is easy enough for a kid to play through and beat, but has the depth of a competitive RPG. It is a good mix. Also just because you are an adult doesn't mean you aren't a n00b at pokemon. At the pokemon regional tournaments there are tons of n00bs in the senior division which get completely owned by the 4 smogon players that show up.

Game freak did a great job at making an accessible game. The populous view is that it is a kids game, which is why many older players are hesitant to mention that they still play pokemon even if they are a top notch competitive player.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network

Like all Nintendo games Pokemon is literally a game for everyone.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I want that plastic charzard! and yes I would say its aimed more at children, but everyone can enjoy the game.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Of course it's for kids, but that doesn't stop older people from enjoying it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

False
/Thread

Maneco said:

Pokémon is one of the most complex RPGs ever. I dare to say it's even better than FF, but the way The Pokémon Company is treating the series today make it so childish. For instance, check the anime: it's getting worse each episode...

Pokemon isnt better than FF