By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - True or False: Pokemon is a childs game.

Well not only...Mine last pokemon game was Pokemon Diamond..I just coulndt finish the game...was so boored.I have played them all...But I just noticed Its just too much for me.
Lets just say if you fan Pokemon like heaven and earth it tells enough of certain people.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Pokemon should be enjoyed by gamers of all age, Red,Blue, Silver & Gold I mean .......

False. You have seen how obsessed the ShoddyBattle and similar players are?

Actually the game is very easy.The story is for kids. Though the game is complicated and has lots of backround. Meaning a kid can play it with ease and beat the Computers though if you do certain things to get your pokemon strounger it'll help you alot.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Kids, some adults, but mainly kids

Around the Network

Pokemon is like Toy Story (or any pixar movie). It is targeted at everyone, but especially suitable for kids.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

pokemon is a game for all ages. thats probaly why its sales are so high.

and I agree 100% at what nordlead said.

Pokemon started somewhere around 1996 when I was in the 4th grade, if I'm not mistaken and I followed that serious until Pokemon Silver and Gold was released on the original Game Boy Color. After that I fell off the franchise.

Pokemon isn't a childs game unless it still has the followers from way back in 1996 but I think some people of the 1996 generation moved on and it feels more like a childs game if anything because I don't even watch the TV Show because its highly the same content over and over again and its beginning to show its age with me.

So I would go with true as Pokemon being a child's game.

nordlead said:

Pokemon is like Toy Story (or any pixar movie). It is targeted at everyone, but especially suitable for kids.

Toy Story 3 FTW!

true - sort of
It seems aimed for kids, but is widely popular for all ages and no one should be ashamed to play it.