By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
HappySqurriel said:
dbot said:
Samus Aran said:

When reviewers will stop bashing wii about it's graphics, then I'll stop bashing console fps about dual analog. Sounds fair enough no? Please re read that part. I'm not saying dual analog sucks, I'm saying that reviewers never say wii fps motion controls are better then those dual analog. And, they're better, there's no denying there.

I will deny this.

Do you think reviewers should append the statement "for a Wii game" to their reviews. Graphics are an important component of video games. The Conduit may be a 10 in graphics for a Wii game, but it would not stand out on the 360.

So does that mean that every DS game should get 0 marks for graphics?

Should the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of games get docked marks because a high-end gaming PC can render the same game with higher detail and more advanced shaders at a higher resolution at a better framerate?

The truth is that videogames should be reviewed for what they are, not what they are not. Tiger Woods for the PS3 and XBox 360 should not have critical reviews because the dual analogue controller can not match the experience of playing Tiger Woods on the Wii. People read reviews because they want to know how good a game is for a platform they own, they really don't care how it stack up against games they can't play on a platform they don't own.

thank god somebody said something intelligent, i wasn't going to.

And thats the problem isn't it. TW does not get bad reviews for last gen controls, it doesn't. Wii gets fu----ed as per usual.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
'Biased' or 'generally considering Wii games bad'? Because if it's just 'biased', it needs to be in General Gaming instead of Nintendo Discussion. Also, I love the way these things start appearing only when something triggers them, like the Gamepro review has done now. That's pretty understandable though. Also, @OP: your name doesn't exactly make you look like anything but a fanboy.

Anyway, a few good points and probably a few more bad points.

Ok, I'm a fanboy because I like Metroid. You make a lot of sense sir! You know what your name makes you look like? A Chinese. Are you one? Perhaps, perhaps not. 

I'm talking about wii biased here because that's what I see the most on the internet. Of course things only start to appear when something triggers them. It's called action and reaction. Yeah, that's even a law of nature. 

Anybody who actually read Gamepro's review of the Conduit knows it was a disgusting piece of work filled with naught more than lies. How ANYONE could have taken that seriously is beyond me.

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:
Anybody who actually read Gamepro's review of the Conduit knows it was a disgusting piece of work filled with naught more than lies. How ANYONE could have taken that seriously is beyond me.

Very true, but when you then take that single review and try to use it as proof that the entire system is biased against the Wii (a conspiracy theory that has long existed among certain Wii fans) that's where I think you are looking too much into it. 

Yes, this review was biased and it sucked, just like the R&C review where the guy started out saying he'd never liked the entire series.  It happens, but it isn't necessarily indicative of a greater conspiracy, it's just a crappy review.

There are a lot more reviews like that one. I've even seen reviews complain about a casual game because it was casual and not hardcore.

Take mario kart wii for example... Some of those reviews are simple terrible. Or those reviews that gave metroid prime 3 100% or 60%... Biased much?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Zkuq said:
'Biased' or 'generally considering Wii games bad'? Because if it's just 'biased', it needs to be in General Gaming instead of Nintendo Discussion. Also, I love the way these things start appearing only when something triggers them, like the Gamepro review has done now. That's pretty understandable though. Also, @OP: your name doesn't exactly make you look like anything but a fanboy.

Anyway, a few good points and probably a few more bad points.

Ok, I'm a fanboy because I like Metroid. You make a lot of sense sir! You know what your name makes you look like? A Chinese. Are you one? Perhaps, perhaps not. 

I'm talking about wii biased here because that's what I see the most on the internet. Of course things only start to appear when something triggers them. It's called action and reaction. Yeah, that's even a law of nature. 

What does my name have to do with this? And how would if affect the situation if I was Chinese (which I am not, by the way)? I can't see if affecting the situation unless we're speaking about something Chinese (Chinese culture in games, for example) or maybe politics. And now that you mention China, I am very interested in some Chinese things - mainly the Three Kingdoms era, thanks to the Dynasty Warriors series (but my interest is definitely not limited to those games). Anyway, my name's not relevant now but yours is, thanks to the topic on hands and how you look at it. Besides, I mentioned your name only to strengthen my argument of something being seriously wrong with this thread - it was not a main point or anything like that.

And to that latter paragraph... Yes, that's why I said it's understandable. It's still somehow funny in my opinion.

A lot of Wii owners have been acting Emo lately.

"Everybody hates the Wii!!!"

Its getting pathetic.

I made a stupid argument to make your argument look even dumber. It's the way I do my arguments. My name and being a wii fanboy is totally irrelevant. I never insulted HD consoles and I will never do something like that. Every console has quality games.

Carl2291 said:
A lot of Wii owners have been acting Emo lately.

"Everybody hates the Wii!!!"

Its getting pathetic.

This reminds me of infamous reviews and killzone 2 sales. But I know, HD console owners can't be emo right?

Not everyone hates the wii, just the ones who fuel the console wars. Yeah, the game journalists... Most of them hate the wii and they're not even denying it.

^With a review like that from GamePro, can you blame them for being a tad.......upset?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."