By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I can honestly say that this gen is one of the worst in terms of reviews. Biased reviews have always existed, but it never annoyed me as much as reviews with the wii. Yeah, the gamepro one of the conduit especially.

I've heard things like short story, generic shooter, bad graphics if it would have been on HD console,etc (I'm talking about the conduit now)

Let's talk about the short story first. I've played metroid prime 3 in less then 7 hours on my first try. Why does no one complain about that game being short? It doesn't even have online. Want to know the answer? The name Metroid alone pushes reviews up a few points imho. Metroid prime 3 has good replay value however, I've played it 3 times already and getting 100% should take a lot of time, but I don't bother with stuff like that. I like to have as little energy tanks as possible to make the game harder. The campaign in Halo is also very short yet that game gets 95%+ reviews. Why don't they detract points from Halo 3? Why don't they complain about that in their reviews? All they do is praise the HDness up our asses.

Now the generic shooter part... Yup, the conduit is generic, I won't deny that... But isn't Halo just as generic? Yet no reviewer complains about that... Doesn't metroid prime 3 have a generic story? Some could argue that it doesn't, but I think it does.

Now I've seen a lot of reviewers complain about the graphics that it's nothing special if it would have been on ps3 and xbox360... Guess what?! I don't want to see the ps3 mentioned in every god damn review I read about the conduit. It's annoying me... It's a wii game not a ps3 game. You don't hear reviewers complain about dual analog in every HD shooter game... Then stop spouting bullshit in reviews about the graphics because it's not really fair. Yes, the wii is a weak console compared to ps3, but that's not the fault of developers. The wii shines (sometimes) in its unique control.

Ps: I'm not saying halo 3 is bad. I'm pretty sure it's an overall better game then the conduit. Halo 3 shines in online, but it sucks in campaign only. Although the splitscreen is loads of fun and missing in the conduit. I just wish reviewers would be more fair... Most reviewers start their review with how hard the wii sucks and how Nintendo is dumb and failing... Don't review wii games then. Next gen will be so much fun.... 

Around the Network

Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

It's balls annoying, but we gotta live with it.

Phoenix_Wiight said:
Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

Disagreed.

praise the HDness up our asses

shakespeare man, lol

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Barozi said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:

Disagreed.

you would. Enjoy your graphically intensive but ultimately dishonest perception of quality.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I can honestly say that this gen is one of the worst in terms of reviews. Biased reviews have always existed, but it never annoyed me as much as reviews with the wii. Yeah, the gamepro one of the conduit especially.

I've heard things like short story, generic shooter, bad graphics if it would have been on HD console,etc (I'm talking about the conduit now)

Let's talk about the short story first. I've played metroid prime 3 in less then 7 hours on my first try. Why does no one complain about that game being short? It doesn't even have online. Want to know the answer? The name Metroid alone pushes reviews up a few points imho. Metroid prime 3 has good replay value however, I've played it 3 times already and getting 100% should take a lot of time, but I don't bother with stuff like that. I like to have as little energy tanks as possible to make the game harder. The campaign in Halo is also very short yet that game gets 95%+ reviews. Why don't they detract points from Halo 3? Why don't they complain about that in their reviews? All they do is praise the HDness up our asses.

Now the generic shooter part... Yup, the conduit is generic, I won't deny that... But isn't Halo just as generic? Yet no reviewer complains about that... Doesn't metroid prime 3 have a generic story? Some could argue that it doesn't, but I think it does.

Now I've seen a lot of reviewers complain about the graphics that it's nothing special if it would have been on ps3 and xbox360... Guess what?! I don't want to see the ps3 mentioned in every god damn review I read about the conduit. It's annoying me... It's a wii game not a ps3 game. You don't hear reviewers complain about dual analog in every HD shooter game... Then stop spouting bullshit in reviews about the graphics because it's not really fair. Yes, the wii is a weak console compared to ps3, but that's not the fault of developers. The wii shines (sometimes) in its unique control.

Ps: I'm not saying halo 3 is bad. I'm pretty sure it's an overall better game then the conduit. Halo 3 shines in online, but it sucks in campaign only. Although the splitscreen is loads of fun and missing in the conduit. I just wish reviewers would be more fair... Most reviewers start their review with how hard the wii sucks and how Nintendo is dumb and failing... Don't review wii games then. Next gen will be so much fun.... 

IT took you only 7 hours? Jesus you must love running through everything! Took me like 15 hours and the games before that about 20 hours each. But you also dont like the story of Metroid Prime 3? Thats sad i thought the whole series was amazing!!!

Great, more conspiracy theories about reviewers being biased against the Wii.

1) Short doesn't matter if the game is exceptional. And if it is so incredible that you can play it again and again, and not get bored (see, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Metroid Prime 3, I would assume).

2) Halo is generic? Really? What is generic about Halo? Considering it basically CREATED the console FPS (or rather, made it more popular, Goldeneye and Medal of Honor created it), I don't see how it can possibly be generic. CoD4 was definitely different from every other game in the FPS genre. Also, with the Wii, people expect innovation, not generic FPS with motion controls.

3) They're just saying it would have been better on HD consoles. They could be right. They could be wrong. We don't know. And for god's sake, could you Wii fans PLEASE stop talking about Dual Analog like it's some unusable control scheme from hell? It works fine, seriously. Sure, it's no keyboard and mouse, but it's usable. Of course, they still shouldn't be bringing up the graphics compared to HD consoles.

Reviewers aren't anti-Wii, they're just a lot stricter with the Wii. The Wii is meant to be an innovation console, that brings something new to the table. That's what the reviewers want. And old Nintendo series- all of the reviewers adore their Mario and Zelda.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Thats because most Wii games are sloppy made? But then again there are the high quality ones like Conduct,which got a good review. 

If you were to judge Halo 3 SP im sure it would get medicore reviews,but then it does something that no other game this gen has done with SP,16 player coop story,Halo 3 got good reviews cause its MP.

Wii on the other hand few games have MP (that im aware of)and few people like to do story mode these days.

You think people like L4D,Halo 3,Gears 2 (dont know how anyone can like that)KZ2 or R2 because of the SP? LoL.

Biased maybe.

megaman79 said:
Barozi said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:

Disagreed.

you would. Enjoy your graphically intensive but ultimately dishonest perception of quality.

Disagreed.

When I say Halo, I mean the third one. Sorry about that. I'm pretty good at metroid prime games, so 7 hours was enough. The game was way too easy, I never got lost and they always told me what to do through those hints. Even without hints it would be easy anyway. I don't like the story about metroid prime 3, but I did like the gameplay, design art, sound, replay value and atmosphere. The story in metroid prime 2 was a lot more deeper and darker. I think my first try took 30 hours on that one lol.