By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@Samus Aran.

Yes... they can be emo.
inFamous has held up well with reviews... i dont think ANYONE can say there is any bias against it.

As for KZ2, what do its sales have to do with acting emo?

Get a grip... the game obviously isnt as good as it was hyped to be, just because it gets a string of bad reviews dont mean the people are "biased"... it genreally means its a mediocre/bad game.

And another thing, if you count the Wii as being current gen... then why cant it be compared to PS360?

Around the Network
Torillian said:
IxisNaugus said:
Anybody who actually read Gamepro's review of the Conduit knows it was a disgusting piece of work filled with naught more than lies. How ANYONE could have taken that seriously is beyond me.

Very true, but when you then take that single review and try to use it as proof that the entire system is biased against the Wii (a conspiracy theory that has long existed among certain Wii fans) that's where I think you are looking too much into it. 

Yes, this review was biased and it sucked, just like the R&C review where the guy started out saying he'd never liked the entire series.  It happens, but it isn't necessarily indicative of a greater conspiracy, it's just a crappy review.

Personally i don't think the entire system is against Wii games when it comes to reviews. Otherwise Super Mario Galaxy wouldn't have been rated as high as it is already. Now i admittedly haven't read this R&C review (do you have a link?) but something tells me it wasn't as bad as Gamepro's review of TC. I know a lot of reviews like this come up every now and then, i'm not saying this is the only time it has happened, however, i do think this generation a lot of games on the Wii platform haven't been... taken as seriously as others. I think this has a lot to do with motion controls which of course aren't perfect, and i think a lot of people are put off by this and dont want to bother getting used to it.

Again, i dont think the entire industry is against the Wii. I will say that it has been a while since i've witnessed such hatred.

A lot of Wii owners have been acting Emo lately.

"Everybody hates the Wii!!!"

Its getting pathetic.

If you think THIS is getting out of hand you really haven't seen anything.

"Nintendo is killing the industry!" "The Wii has no games!" "Mario is being milked" >_>

Trust me, this is nothing compared to haters and the bullshit i see on a daily basis.

How technical is your game?

I think people are forgetting the subtle magic that goes into a game which deserves a high rating. Its very hard to make a game which shines and engages the player in a fun gameplay environment. Theres a reason why games like Gears of War and Halo make people go ape about them and hell you can call Halo 3 generic until you're blue in the face but even if its generic its still a generic which engages the player.

Tease.

For people who don't think there is some anti-Wii bias:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=77867

This person's job was to review Wii/DS games -- and he hated the system.

There are a lot more people among the core demographics which video games have been traditionally marketed who think the Wii is not a good system than those who think the PS3 and/or Xbox 360 are not a good system. This has as much to do with the Blue Ocean strategy (not everything is for males 15-34) than it does the graphics.

Latest surveys show that less than half the people in the US (47%) have an HD TV. That means how well the graphics look in HD really does not matter to potentially half the gamers. Yet that is the standard by which all graphics are measured.

It is as if no one has ever heard of the "uncanny valley" -- which is essentially where many HD graphics fall, in my opinion.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

As for Halo inventing the console FPS -- Doom and Wolfenstein 3D say "Hi!"

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
@Samus Aran.

Yes... they can be emo.
inFamous has held up well with reviews... i dont think ANYONE can say there is any bias against it.

As for KZ2, what do its sales have to do with acting emo?

Get a grip... the game obviously isnt as good as it was hyped to be, just because it gets a string of bad reviews dont mean the people are "biased"... it genreally means its a mediocre/bad game.

And another thing, if you count the Wii as being current gen... then why cant it be compared to PS360?

Because it's a totally different console. A console were the fps market is not saturated. I don't care that the HD console market is over saturated, it's a wii game. 

People were going emo with KZ2 because they thought it would sell more. People went emo because they wanted 90%+ reviews for infamous. 

Tell me how you're not biased when you start your review with I hate the wii and anything Nintendo related? It wasn't in those words, but it was what he said.

Samus Aran said:
dbot said:
Samus Aran said:

When reviewers will stop bashing wii about it's graphics, then I'll stop bashing console fps about dual analog. Sounds fair enough no? Please re read that part. I'm not saying dual analog sucks, I'm saying that reviewers never say wii fps motion controls are better then those dual analog. And, they're better, there's no denying there.

I will deny this.

Do you think reviewers should append the statement "for a Wii game" to their reviews.  Graphics are an important component of video games.  The Conduit may be a 10 in graphics for a Wii game, but it would not stand out on the 360.

Ok, what do controls have to do with graphics though? You're denying that wii control for fps is worse then dual analog because graphics look better on ps3 then on wii? Yeah, you make a lot of sense...

Can you clarify what you are trying to say?  I read your original post as stating the wii fps controls are superior to a dual analog scheme.  If that is what you are saying, then I disagree with you.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

You said that you disagree with what I said about wii fps controls. Then all of a sudden you were talking about graphics. How does that defend your argument about dual analog being better then wii fps control? That's what I tried to say and I made a mistake in the post you quoted. I see that now. I hope you understand what I tried to say now :)

HappySqurriel said:
dbot said:

So does that mean that every DS game should get 0 marks for graphics?

Should the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of games get docked marks because a high-end gaming PC can render the same game with higher detail and more advanced shaders at a higher resolution at a better framerate?

The truth is that videogames should be reviewed for what they are, not what they are not. Tiger Woods for the PS3 and XBox 360 should not have critical reviews because the dual analogue controller can not match the experience of playing Tiger Woods on the Wii. People read reviews because they want to know how good a game is for a platform they own, they really don't care how it stack up against games they can't play on a platform they don't own.

I am having trouble following your logic.  The graphics of a DS game should be compared with other games on handheld platforms, the graphics of a current generation console game should be compared with other games available on current generation consoles, and pc games should be compared to other games offered on pcs.  

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@Samus.

Its a totally different console... but its still current gen. Hence, it should still be compared.

Show me this review where he says that.