By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Samus Aran said:
I don't get a wow feeling while watching killzone 2, but I still get a wow feeling while playing metroid prime 1. Hmm, graphics mean nothing.

if you get a wow feeling LOOKING at MP1 and not Killzone 2 then your just a fanboy.. its a fact that killzone 2 looks better...

It is NOT a fact that graphics mean nothin because there are about 50 million xbox and ps3 owners who disagree and i am one of them. (not to metion PC owners)

I love looking at graphics thats why when the xbox was annouced i went out and bought a 4 thousand dollar HD TV complete with surrond sound. Just because the Wii does not support it doesnt mean it means nothing to everybody. May not mean anything to you but it means a lot to me.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

When reviewers will stop bashing wii about it's graphics, then I'll stop bashing console fps about dual analog. Sounds fair enough no? Please re read that part. I'm not saying dual analog sucks, I'm saying that reviewers never say wii fps motion controls are better then those dual analog. And, they're better, there's no denying there.

I will deny this.

Do you think reviewers should append the statement "for a Wii game" to their reviews.  Graphics are an important component of video games.  The Conduit may be a 10 in graphics for a Wii game, but it would not stand out on the 360.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

ameratsu said:

I have to go to work so I'll make this short. This is for the OP

1) The first Halo was an innovative game. It created many staples of the console FPS so while it may be generic story wise, it added now heavily used gameplay elements to console FPS games and at the same time saw rise to a massive fanbase because there simply was nothing like it on consoles last generation.

2) There are biased reviews for all systems. That doesn't necessarily mean the reviewer has an axe to grind when a poor review is written. Sometimes they simply don't care and put minimal effort into their review. Find a reviewer/site who you find conforms to your taste and go to them for reviews. Ignore the rest. No game site can be everything to everybody.

3) I have yet to play it, but the conduit looks to be a mediocre FPS from a still unproven developer. Given how many absolute shit to mediocre FPS games there've been this gen, you might be able to see their reluctance in putting together a good review for a game like the conduit.

1)The first Halo was innovative for a console, the 3rd is generic.... 

2)Yeah, there are biased reviews for all systems, but more biased reviews for wii. I read a lot of wii reviews and the things  I read make me       laugh sometimes.

3)Yeah, you're right, wii has seen a lot of fps this gen that aren't total crap or port! The campaign looks mediocre, the online looks great and solid. Same as with Halo 3. And yes I know Halo 3 is a better game then the conduit. Still doesn't justify all the crap reviews, I'm not talking about the scores here, but what's in the reviews.

Dno said:
Samus Aran said:
I don't get a wow feeling while watching killzone 2, but I still get a wow feeling while playing metroid prime 1. Hmm, graphics mean nothing.

if you get a wow feeling LOOKING at MP1 and not Killzone 2 then your just a fanboy.. its a fact that killzone 2 looks better...

It is NOT a fact that graphics mean nothin because there are about 50 million xbox and ps3 owners who disagree and i am one of them. (not to metion PC owners)

I love looking at graphics thats why when the xbox was annouced i went out and bought a 4 thousand dollar HD TV complete with surrond sound. Just because the Wii does not support it doesnt mean it means nothing to everybody. May not mean anything to you but it means a lot to me.

That's just sad... I'm not a fanboy, killzone 2 looks great, I never said it didn't look great. I said I didn't get a wow feeling of the freaking grey world. Compare the design art of metroid prime to the one of killzone 2. Compare the atmosphere... Please do... Killzone 2 doesn't come close to the greatness of metroid prime in terms of that stuff. That's more important then how great the game looks in terms of technical graphics. I'm not a fanboy, I'm a fan, you look more like a fanboy to me. There are more then 500million people who disagree with you. The 50 million people owning a wii, 100 million people owning a ds and many more people who don't game. Yeah, I made a bad argument to make yours look even more bad. I'm THAT good.

dbot said:
Samus Aran said:

When reviewers will stop bashing wii about it's graphics, then I'll stop bashing console fps about dual analog. Sounds fair enough no? Please re read that part. I'm not saying dual analog sucks, I'm saying that reviewers never say wii fps motion controls are better then those dual analog. And, they're better, there's no denying there.

I will deny this.

Do you think reviewers should append the statement "for a Wii game" to their reviews.  Graphics are an important component of video games.  The Conduit may be a 10 in graphics for a Wii game, but it would not stand out on the 360.

Ok, what do controls have to do with graphics though? You're denying that wii control for fps is worse then dual analog because graphics look better on ps3 then on wii? Yeah, you make a lot of sense...

Around the Network
Dno said:
senortaco said:
masterb8tr said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

It's balls annoying, but we gotta live with it.

well if a game has stunning visuals i think its fair to give it 5 points higher, in comparison to a game that looks like shit.

really this is suppose to ADD too the discussion? ...REALLY?

people have to get over that other people LOVE looking at graphics. Fact: graphics do add to the realism of the game which can (in some games) add to the fun.

Some people love graphics that the wii can not provide and in the graphics part of the review it SHOULD get a low score because people can purchase a better game with better graphics on another console.

Why should mario galaxy get the same score  in the graphics side as ratchet is crazy and maskes no sense. HD graphics do help games get higher scores because it takes time to make it look real and you have that wow factor in games like killzone2 , mass effect, ff13, uncharted etc. these games should NOT have the same score as wii games in the graphics part of the review.

A reviewer has to score, and compare the game to what is out there already. if i own killzone 2 then why would i want the next new FPS on wii? thats what the reviews scores are trying to say.

Also all reviewers rate Nintendo games basied anyway so its not just the HD consoles.

My thing is if you're comparing APPLES to APPLES then I'm fine with it. But when reviews compare High def graphics to Standard def who are the reviewers fooling? It's assumption that the person reading the review would have no clue that HD SHOULD look better then STD.

...To me a professional review should be Apples to Apples. Take the PS3 and KZ2, it was stunning on PS3, and comparing it to the previous visual stunnas' on the PS3 it can be argued that it's the best. I don't need the reviewer comparing it to what the 360 can do, PLENTY of fans of the system will do that. Thats really all I ask...

*whispers* good post Dno, thats the meat of the discussion I'm talkin bout...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

dbot said:
Samus Aran said:

I will deny this.

So does that mean that every DS game should get 0 marks for graphics?

Should the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of games get docked marks because a high-end gaming PC can render the same game with higher detail and more advanced shaders at a higher resolution at a better framerate?

The truth is that videogames should be reviewed for what they are, not what they are not. Tiger Woods for the PS3 and XBox 360 should not have critical reviews because the dual analogue controller can not match the experience of playing Tiger Woods on the Wii. People read reviews because they want to know how good a game is for a platform they own, they really don't care how it stack up against games they can't play on a platform they don't own.

'Biased' or 'generally considering Wii games bad'? Because if it's just 'biased', it needs to be in General Gaming instead of Nintendo Discussion. Also, I love the way these things start appearing only when something triggers them, like the Gamepro review has done now. That's pretty understandable though. Also, @OP: your name doesn't exactly make you look like anything but a fanboy.

Anyway, a few good points and probably a few more bad points.

Barozi said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

It's balls annoying, but we gotta live with it.

Disagreed.

so do I.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Zkuq said:
'Biased' or 'generally considering Wii games bad'? Because if it's just 'biased', it needs to be in General Gaming instead of Nintendo Discussion. Also, I love the way these things start appearing only when something triggers them, like the Gamepro review has done now. That's pretty understandable though. Also, @OP: your name doesn't exactly make you look like anything but a fanboy.

Anyway, a few good points and probably a few more bad points.

Yeah this probably should be under Gaming cause it applies to ALL reviews. Too many fanboys calling themselves journalist these days...I blame Wii Fit.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?