By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

In relation to this, the FTC might have its way in the near future on curbing "solicited behavior" like this. The article is in a thread I posted here -  http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=77788&page=1

Since fanboys are running out of ammo, they're resorting to knocking down rival systems' games instead

Around the Network

A side effect of their behavior is that the more they unfairly review and ignore games for the Wii the more publishers realize that these outlets have no impact on the sales of their games; and the less likely they will be to co-operate with them and advertize through them in the future.

Kantor said:
Great, more conspiracy theories about reviewers being biased against the Wii.

1) Short doesn't matter if the game is exceptional. And if it is so incredible that you can play it again and again, and not get bored (see, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Metroid Prime 3, I would assume).

2) Halo is generic? Really? What is generic about Halo? Considering it basically CREATED the console FPS (or rather, made it more popular, Goldeneye and Medal of Honor created it), I don't see how it can possibly be generic. CoD4 was definitely different from every other game in the FPS genre. Also, with the Wii, people expect innovation, not generic FPS with motion controls.

3) They're just saying it would have been better on HD consoles. They could be right. They could be wrong. We don't know. And for god's sake, could you Wii fans PLEASE stop talking about Dual Analog like it's some unusable control scheme from hell? It works fine, seriously. Sure, it's no keyboard and mouse, but it's usable. Of course, they still shouldn't be bringing up the graphics compared to HD consoles.

Reviewers aren't anti-Wii, they're just a lot stricter with the Wii. The Wii is meant to be an innovation console, that brings something new to the table. That's what the reviewers want. And old Nintendo series- all of the reviewers adore their Mario and Zelda.

When reviewers will stop bashing wii about it's graphics, then I'll stop bashing console fps about dual analog. Sounds fair enough no? Please re read that part. I'm not saying dual analog sucks, I'm saying that reviewers never say wii fps motion controls are better then those dual analog. And, they're better, there's no denying there.

Kantor said:
Great, more conspiracy theories about reviewers being biased against the Wii.

1) Short doesn't matter if the game is exceptional. And if it is so incredible that you can play it again and again, and not get bored (see, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Metroid Prime 3, I would assume).

2) Halo is generic? Really? What is generic about Halo? Considering it basically CREATED the console FPS (or rather, made it more popular, Goldeneye and Medal of Honor created it), I don't see how it can possibly be generic. CoD4 was definitely different from every other game in the FPS genre. Also, with the Wii, people expect innovation, not generic FPS with motion controls.

3) They're just saying it would have been better on HD consoles. They could be right. They could be wrong. We don't know. And for god's sake, could you Wii fans PLEASE stop talking about Dual Analog like it's some unusable control scheme from hell? It works fine, seriously. Sure, it's no keyboard and mouse, but it's usable. Of course, they still shouldn't be bringing up the graphics compared to HD consoles.

Reviewers aren't anti-Wii, they're just a lot stricter with the Wii. The Wii is meant to be an innovation console, that brings something new to the table. That's what the reviewers want. And old Nintendo series- all of the reviewers adore their Mario and Zelda.

...soOOOooo let me get this straight the high def graphics aren't meant to be innovative so it's no need to be strict on the reviews for those games?

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

A lot of reviewers are anti-wii..

But please people, I didn't made this thread to flame on hd consoles. Don't flame on them because all consoles have games with good quality.

Around the Network

Maybe its just not a great game... It is from HVS after all...

Look at it was way, it's native to compare a Wii game to a PS3 or XB360 game cause they are dfferences in the systems, and their reviews need to be tailored this way. It's no different then a review for a PS3 game (Killzone 2) that a game for the XB360 keeps coming up (Halo).

...In a PROFESSIONAL REVIEW, you expect that person to review the product handed to them, not review the product and every game on every system in that genre. People want to know how the game is. Let the Fanboys fight over which is better or not...

tombi123 said:

All of my friends who already have the game, say it's pretty great. Especially the lagless online. Campaign isn't really important to me, but it has achievements and cheats. Good enough for me.

Phoenix_Wiight said:
Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

It's balls annoying, but we gotta live with it.

well if a game has stunning visuals i think its fair to give it 5 points higher, in comparison to a game that looks like shit.

tombi123 said:

Thats debatable, I think what the OP is pissed at is the blantant flames of a title in a review. We've all read at least one review this year that seem more like a rant instead of a review. It seem Wii review dominate this unforunately...