By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
atma998 said:
Dno said:
senortaco said:
masterb8tr said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

It's balls annoying, but we gotta live with it.

well if a game has stunning visuals i think its fair to give it 5 points higher, in comparison to a game that looks like shit.

really this is suppose to ADD too the discussion? ...REALLY?

people have to get over that other people LOVE looking at graphics. Fact: graphics do add to the realism of the game which can (in some games) add to the fun.

Some people love graphics that the wii can not provide and in the graphics part of the review it SHOULD get a low score because people can purchase a better game with better graphics on another console.

Why should mario galaxy get the same score  in the graphics side as ratchet is crazy and maskes no sense. HD graphics do help games get higher scores because it takes time to make it look real and you have that wow factor in games like killzone2 , mass effect, ff13, uncharted etc. these games should NOT have the same score as wii games in the graphics part of the review.

A reviewer has to score, and compare the game to what is out there already. if i own killzone 2 then why would i want the next new FPS on wii? thats what the reviews scores are trying to say.

Also all reviewers rate Nintendo games basied anyway so its not just the HD consoles.

If we follow your logic, then every DS and PSP games should have shitty scores in comparison to PS360 games. That makes no sense at all.

Additionally, console power has never been the most important factor in a console generation. The 2600, NES, PS1, PS2 and Wii have all "won" the generation, despite being the least powerful system, or at least, not the most powerful. The only time the more powerful system really won was the Super Nintendo, and, IIRC that was reasonably close with the Genesis winning until Sega went nuts and imploded by creating the "expansion of the month" club for the Genesis/Mega Drive.

I don't think it's a rule that the least powerful console wins, but I do think it shows that graphics are far from a major factor in sales. Price, games, and innovation (think ROB launching the NES, and, obviously, the Wiimote) play a much bigger factor.

Graphics and overall power are more of a talking point for companies and fanboys than major sales points. Heck, with the Wii, Nintendo has shown that one can "win" a console generation without even using "next-gen" processing power, with the Wii being closer to the original Xbox than the 360.

Around the Network

Mostly 1UP's Wii reviews are very biased against it. Since the site is very Sony biased so they'll do their best to slowdown the success of games that can help change Wii's image of casual gamer friendly console, as they did with The Conduit. Their Dead Rising Wii review was very biased, they said in the beginning that this kind of game shouldn't even be made for Wii for start with, LOL!

volrath50 said:
atma998 said:
Dno said:
senortaco said:
masterb8tr said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Yea, the more people that become idiotic "core" gamers, the more biased reviews will start to appear.

HD games, for the most part, on MOST websites get +5 points higher than Wii games just because they're HD.

It's balls annoying, but we gotta live with it.

well if a game has stunning visuals i think its fair to give it 5 points higher, in comparison to a game that looks like shit.

really this is suppose to ADD too the discussion? ...REALLY?

people have to get over that other people LOVE looking at graphics. Fact: graphics do add to the realism of the game which can (in some games) add to the fun.

Some people love graphics that the wii can not provide and in the graphics part of the review it SHOULD get a low score because people can purchase a better game with better graphics on another console.

Why should mario galaxy get the same score  in the graphics side as ratchet is crazy and maskes no sense. HD graphics do help games get higher scores because it takes time to make it look real and you have that wow factor in games like killzone2 , mass effect, ff13, uncharted etc. these games should NOT have the same score as wii games in the graphics part of the review.

A reviewer has to score, and compare the game to what is out there already. if i own killzone 2 then why would i want the next new FPS on wii? thats what the reviews scores are trying to say.

Also all reviewers rate Nintendo games basied anyway so its not just the HD consoles.

If we follow your logic, then every DS and PSP games should have shitty scores in comparison to PS360 games. That makes no sense at all.

Additionally, console power has never been the most important factor in a console generation. The 2600, NES, PS1, PS2 and Wii have all "won" the generation, despite being the least powerful system, or at least, not the most powerful. The only time the more powerful system really won was the Super Nintendo, and, IIRC that was reasonably close with the Genesis winning until Sega went nuts and imploded by creating the "expansion of the month" club for the Genesis/Mega Drive.

I don't think it's a rule that the least powerful console wins, but I do think it shows that graphics are far from a major factor in sales. Price, games, and innovation (think ROB launching the NES, and, obviously, the Wiimote) play a much bigger factor.

Graphics and overall power are more of a talking point for companies and fanboys than major sales points. Heck, with the Wii, Nintendo has shown that one can "win" a console generation without even using "next-gen" processing power, with the Wii being closer to the original Xbox than the 360.

All that is true but doesnt explain why reviewers doesnt compare graphics of DS/PSP games to PS360 games but they are doing so with the Wii.

Back when I was younger I LOVED SaGa Frontier, it is still easily one of my favorite titles, but sadly it has an aggregated score of just 67%.

Grrr!!! If only all of those damn reviewers weren't biased against the PS1.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

bias against ps1? ps1 was a great console and got plenty of good games with good reviews. I still remember games like soul blade, metal gear solid, crash bandicoot, a ninja game that I don't know the name of anymore, syphon filter,etc