By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
psrock said:
http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/3277/Infamous-Review.htm

Gave Infamous a 58

I know the game has some issues, but 58 it is not.

I think the translation that Metacritic does is to blame for the 58 really, cause a C+ isn't a bad score. It tell me I could STILL enjoy it. I Personally would think that Infamous would deserve a Solid "B" myself. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

senortaco said:
Sup, I want to post this in here since REALLY it's Gamepro's review that sparked this. USA Today give the Conduit 3.5 out of 5, same as Gamepro. on the 5 scale it's a decent score. Difference is this is a PROFESSIONAL review. Check it out.

... (Snipped for sake of brevity.)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/06/68443547/1

Now this I have no qualms with. It fairly explains why they gave the game the score they did, and does not fanboy. Someone want to tell GameHo that this is what their reviews should look like?

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Like I said, I don't care about the scores, but what's in the reviews. Thanks senor Taco.

psrock said:
http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/3277/Infamous-Review.htm

Gave Infamous a 58

I know the game has some issues, but 58 it is not.

C+ is not a 58.  A C is average, and C+ is slightly above average.  These days somewhere around a 70 is average, so a C+ would be even higher than that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

i agree, after reading some reviews for wii games, i believe they are graded a little unfairly. it seems most reviewers prefer the ps3 and 360 so they complain about the wii. however at the same time a lot of wii owners also have a biased mindset. you constantly say how "gameplay is better than graphics" yet do you ever stop to realize that many ps3/360 games have quality. just as you say "good graphics dont equal quality" good graphics dont equal bad quality either.

Around the Network

I agree with Yipee. I hate it when wii owners say that HD games sacrifice quality for graphics. A lot of HD games have both.

one thing I have noticed is that, maybe, just maybe, people are not biased towards the Wii with reviews, but rather some are so hyped with some games or how a game looks( or that they are a long time fan,) that they turn a blind eye to those games, because to this day, I can't figure out how Halo3 getting 9.5 or MGS4 got perfect 10s on IGN, considering one of them had a not so interesting SP(which people kept bitching about with The Conduit) and what's up with lvl 9 of Halo3? =_=; and the other one was just cheezy as hell and a stealth turned action game that was nothing but fan service.

REVIEWERS ARE BIASED. I BETCHA ALL OF EM' GOT PAID UNDER THE TABLE BY SONY AND MICROSOFT TO GIVE A BAD RATING OF THE BEST FPS EVER MADE. PERIOD. THIS GAME DESERVES A 10 OR ABOVE OR ELSE THEY ARE WRONG. THAT MEANS IF IT'S LOWER THAN A 10, THEY'RE ARE BIASED. THANK YOU.

Quiet Storm = Best Gatorade flavor EVER.

1up gave Conduit 58? Wow

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

C+, but that gets translated to 58% on metacritic somehow.