By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't want to sound like an Asshole but "get over it". It is a thing us JRPG gamers have been dealing with for a long time since everyone that reviews JRPG seems like they hate the damn genre lol

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network

TW 10 is rated down primarily because of its similarity to older versions, not controls.

Eurogamer's 70 is mainly a gripe about only a few cosmetic changes but even then its getting a 7 which is awesome from them.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
TW 10 is rated down primarily because of its similarity to older versions, not controls.

Eurogamer's 70 is mainly a gripe about only a few cosmetic changes but even then its getting a 7 which is awesome from them.

dude, the wii version is getting higher rating because?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

In an ideal world, reviews are written not for fanboys to measure their e-penises on message boards, but for actual consumers who own a console and are trying to make a purchase decision on a game for that console. Thus you'd be doing your customers a dis-service to solely compare games and score them based on a completely different system's standards, as most people do not own multiple consoles and couldn't care less what's available on another system.

The problem is, 360/PS3 are so close in technical capability and share so many of the same games, that the critical line between the platforms is pretty blurry (even more so when you throw PC into the mix).

Anybody seriously arguing that Wii games should never get above a 7 because they'll always be inferior graphically to HD games and the controls/gameplay are never any better need to go get a CAT scan. If that doesn't work I'll throw up some HD game reviews with 5's for gameplay 'cause dual analog shooting is incredibly inferior to using a PC mouse, let alone IR.

Shaun White -
Team Xbox

Shaun White’s not the best, nor the worst, snowboarding title we’ve ever played. And its greatest moments are occasionally dragged down by imprecise controls and a sometimes fun-siphoning story campaign.

PSX Extreme
If this open-ended style works for you, than you ought to have plenty of fun, especially if you can’t make it out to the slopes yourself. The controls aren’t always spot-on, the technicals are merely average, sometimes it can be tough to gather enough speed (not sure what that’s about), and locating those tokens can get immensely annoying.
Read Full Review

VideoGamer
It's clear that Ubisoft had some big ideas for Shaun White Snowboarding, but many of these have been hampered by an overly difficult control scheme, cumbersome navigation, a terrible map, too much collecting and a disappointing frame rate. The recreation of the four ski resorts is excellent, the online functionality is well thought out, and at times the views are magnificent, but the game just isn't as much fun as it should have been.

These examples suggest SW controls were a significant issue for reviewers, that's one.
Are they being scored higher than the average Wii game that's critisized for controls, i dk.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

@psrock, im interested in analyzing the proportion of blame relative to controls on the PS360 version of games.

btw TW 08 has an 8 point deficiency on Wii despite the same exact prob. being present in the HD version, its the same game.

megaman79 said:
Shaun White -
Team Xbox

Shaun White’s not the best, nor the worst, snowboarding title we’ve ever played. And its greatest moments are occasionally dragged down by imprecise controls and a sometimes fun-siphoning story campaign.

PSX Extreme
If this open-ended style works for you, than you ought to have plenty of fun, especially if you can’t make it out to the slopes yourself. The controls aren’t always spot-on, the technicals are merely average, sometimes it can be tough to gather enough speed (not sure what that’s about), and locating those tokens can get immensely annoying.
Read Full Review

VideoGamer
It's clear that Ubisoft had some big ideas for Shaun White Snowboarding, but many of these have been hampered by an overly difficult control scheme, cumbersome navigation, a terrible map, too much collecting and a disappointing frame rate. The recreation of the four ski resorts is excellent, the online functionality is well thought out, and at times the views are magnificent, but the game just isn't as much fun as it should have been.

These examples suggest SW controls were a significant issue for reviewers, that's one.
Are they being scored higher than the average Wii game that's critisized for controls, i dk.

metacritic.

1. PC Games: Shaun White Snowboarding (2008) 60
Ubisoft

2. Playstation 3: Shaun White Snowboarding (2008) 63
Ubisoft

3. Xbox 360: Shaun White Snowboarding (2008) 60
Ubisoft

4. Playstation 2: Shaun White Snowboarding (2008) xx
Ubisoft

5. Wii: Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip (2008) 78

The wii gets much higher rating because its controls are so much better than the HD versions. Giving up yet.

@megaman, you speak as if the HD consoles have a control problems. Let me be clear, i don't envy the wiimote, i don't care for it. I am perfectly satisfied with the controls of the games that i play.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
DKII said:
In an ideal world, reviews are written not for fanboys to measure their e-penises on message boards, but for actual consumers who own a console and are trying to make a purchase decision on a game for that console. 

It'd also be okay for reviews to be about sponsoring dialog concerning the games in question... just so long as they aren't fuel for fanboy wars.

One day.

dahuman said:
This thread is some funny shit =D and I have to speak for Daemon for a sec here, there are people who don't like the Wii, and I can fully understand it, Daemon Hatfield is one of them, but that doesn't mean he doesn't like the good games on that system, good games will be good games. I don't always like what I see on the Wii myself, but that doesn't take my enjoyment away from good games on the system. it is only a problem when people think all Wii games are garbage simply because they don't like the system and ignore the good games on that particular console altogether. Haters are worse than Fanboys and are even lesser a real gamer, keep that in mind =P.

You are right that he has a right to his opinion.

But and does like good games.

But his opinion is that are no good games.

Which basically would seem to invalidate this argument.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Oh lord. Another victim topic. They seem to come a dime a dozen these days.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.