By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds to Activision Threat

From what people have been saying, this could be a "my bitch" thing.

Like, Sony have stated the 13Million... which basicly = Pricecut.
And Activision are like... CUT THE PRICE OR ELSE >:(
Its looking like a "yeaaah Sony is our Bitch"

Around the Network

I definitely don't recall this kinda strong arm attempt by a 3rd party since the Late Sega days. Knowing the kinda HIT that Sony's books would take with a price cut, takes some BIG brass ones to say they need to cut the price OR ELSE, lol.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

The thing is that, according to this site anyway, 360 only outsells ps3 by like 10-20k a week. With the price difference thats perfectly fine. Cutting the price would help PS3 outsell 360, but sonys wallet would be hit hard. And at the current level of sales I don't think its worth it for Sony to cut price right now. Makes more sense to wait for the holidays to roll around.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Carl2291 said:

Personally I don't see it that way.

Assuming Sony cuts the price of the PS3 prior to the holiday season, MS will easily counter that with a price cut of their own (which could happen irregardless) and effectively anul any benefit the still overpriced PS3 would have gotten from it.    Why buy a $299 - $349 PS3 when you can get a $249 Wii or $149-249 360? 

It Sony wants to benefit from a price cut it must do it NOW.  However, I think Sony has lost quite enough money on PS3 already so I don't see it happening, Activision be damned.

I'd say Activision can take a flying F***......they are some greedy SOBs.  And explain to me why a PS3 price cut is required for continued PSP development,  or was that just thrown in for spite? 

Around the Network

Sony should tell Activision that we will drop the price of the ps3 $50 BUT for each system we sell you need to give us $50. Otherwise shut up.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Who doesn't want Sony just give out the PS3 for free?

Gamerace said:
Carl2291 said:

Personally I don't see it that way.

Assuming Sony cuts the price of the PS3 prior to the holiday season, MS will easily counter that with a price cut of their own (which could happen irregardless) and effectively anul any benefit the still overpriced PS3 would have gotten from it.    Why buy a $299 - $349 PS3 when you can get a $249 Wii or $149-249 360? 

It Sony wants to benefit from a price cut it must do it NOW.  However, I think Sony has lost quite enough money on PS3 already so I don't see it happening, Activision be damned.

Interesting take on it.

I really doubt MS would do another major pricecut... it would seem desperate. Plus, they would probably save the pricecut for Natal release.

As for the bolded, the other systems wont have GT5 (all signs are pointing at a Christmas release) and Final Fantasy 13(JP) 

I have to say that comment he made, is really putting me off purchasing any future activision game that come's out. I'm a playstation 3 owner who bought a consol out of his own choice. The same way I buy every computer game by my own choice. But for a CEO to come out and make comments like this is really an insult to me a PS3 owner who on numerous occasions bought an activision game. Well I think I'll give my money to a company who appreciates my bussiness

""We respect our third parties opinions and their right to express those opinions but we will not be commenting on this story.""

but wait that is a comment on this story