By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds to Activision Threat

Thats stupid they make a killing off Cod4 and will make a killing of MW2. so greedy

Around the Network

Dam. Sony is pissing off alot of 3rd party this gen.

bonkers555 said:
Dam. Sony is pissing off alot of 3rd party this gen.

True, but what can they do?

Alot of the 3rd parties are being brainless and arrogant...

mesoteto said:
""We respect our third parties opinions and their right to express those opinions but we will not be commenting on this story.""

but wait that is a comment on this story

That's called responding to the reporter who sent them a message.

Wow, Activision sure is working that asshole-mega-publisher-who-needs-to-be-taken-down-a-peg angle.

Hopefully they'll distract people from their silly EA vendetta so they buy some of the really great games EA is turning out.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
It should have said, "Fuck you! >:( " by the Kaz

yep that's what I would have said.

superchunk said:
It should have said, "Fuck you! >:( " by the Kaz

Win

Just one small thing people need to realize is that the 13 million forecasted sales is just their preliminary forecast. Last year they had predicted over 12 million I believe (not sure exactly), but then lowered their forecast down to like 10 million which they just barely made.

What I am saying is they always predict high to start off with, and will likely adjust it lower just as they did last year.

I'm not saying there won't be a price cut because they surely need one and will likely be able to afford at least a $50 one soon, but even with a late cut I don't see any way of them making their 13M goal. Even a $100 cut and a slim before the holidays would only swing an extra million or 2, which would still put them short about 1 million short of 13M since their start of this year has been so rough.

What I'm saying is Sony and Sony Fanboys shouldn't play with fire. If Sony lose support from Activision or EA then you can kiss the PS3 goodbye in North America.

Meh, it's just Activision's sublte/jerk way of saying they want a price cut and aren't going to do anything about it anyways. I mean Activision PS3 games don't sell the best but that doesn't mean they don't do well.