By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds to Activision Threat

Sony has issued a response to Activision Blizzard CEO, Robert 'Bobby' Kotick's reported assertion that his company - one of the biggest third-party publishers in the world - would consider dropping support for PlayStation.

The comment is terse to say the least:

"We respect our third parties opinions and their right to express those opinions but we will not be commenting on this story."

Whether this respect extends to cutting the price (and development costs) for the PlayStation 3, which is at the root of the ActiBlizz threat, is unlikely however.

http://news.spong.com/article/18307/Sony_Responds_to_Activision_Threat

Personally I think Activision is jumping the gun, the PS3 will probably get a price cut before end of the year.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

It should have said, "Fuck you! >:( " by the Kaz

I think you are right gebx.

So what do you think activision will say when that happens?

"See we have so much power we can tell other companies what to do and they'll do it"

^ Exactly.
There is no way Sony aims to sell 13M systems by the end of their FY without a price cut....

Activision can f*ck off for all I care.

Around the Network

I really doubt that he actually meant what he said about not supporting sony, he just wanted to put pressure on them to cut the price. Of course that doesn't excuse the fact that he did in the most douche bag way possible.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

JEDE3 said:
I think you are right gebx.

So what do you think activision will say when that happens?

"See we have so much power we can tell other companies what to do and they'll do it"

maybe... I guess its lose-lose for Sony..

Also remember that Activision is not the only developer to said publicly that the PS3 needs a pricecut.

Activision make money off the Playstation, so ofcourse they wouldn't stop supporting it. They just want more money...

leatherhat said:
I really doubt that he actually meant what he said about not supporting sony, he just wanted to put pressure on them to cut the price. Of course that doesn't excuse the fact that he did in the most douche bag way possible.

Activision could stop supporting the PS3 in small ways, such as exclusive DLC, choosing lead platform, exclusive of new unproven ip's or lesser known ip's.

Big titles like CoD will be multiplaform for years to come.

Thats very true Taz. Because I mean the call of duty and guitar hero franchises all make their fair share on the ps3, they just want more out of it.

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!