By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds to Activision Threat

That's just their public statement, they are giving a personal one to Activision as we speak.

Expect an announcement tomorrow from Robert Kotick:

""I made a poor choice of words, and I do NOT think that Sony is doing anything nefarious in choosing their pricing strategy. They have been subsidizing purchases of the PS3 since launch, to the tune of 22 million sold at a loss of $100 or more apiece (on average), so if they are trying to make back a profit on the PS3, more power to them."

Around the Network

Activision shows balls and Sony mumbles

MDMAniac said:

No. Activision talk BS to the public, and Sony probably send Activision a personal message.

Dear. Activision,
Go Fuck Yourself.

Ah I see, well that's a different story. It's nice to see they've accepted 3rd because that's were I see them ending. They should now just focus on making munniez and great games.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
TheThunder said:
heruamon said:
TheThunder said:
TheSteve said:
TheThunder said:
I would really want to see Sony calling this CEO bluff. I REALLY REALLY want him to go up tomorrow or next week and say MW2,GH ...etc will not be released on PS3 because I'm really interested in what choice of a career he is gonna have after this one.

Yes, because saving his company development costs in providing for the last place console is all lose for him...

This is a precarious position...  The DLC alone for CoD outsells Sony's exclusives.  Thus, without more content, they could conceivably sell more exclusives...  But this could prompt more developers to drop Sony.

could you tell me how can you explain to the shareholders the missing % in Profit when the yearly COD, GH are not released on the PS3 ?? in the business world if you cut a profit source you better have something as good or better to replace it

all this is a way to pressure sony to a price cut this is an empty thread I would bet my house(if I had one) if he ever gos throw with it

and BTW what the hell does Sony's games have to do with Act financial ??

They paid Sony $500 million...I think Sony would be in the bigger hurt locker...and I'm sure Activision would focus more on Wii projects.  I'm sure he's locking at EA Active on Wii selling like hotcakes, and thinking...hmmmm.....

doesn't Sony own the rights to the Spiderman movie games as well as James Bond games (I think they own all if not a large part of MGM) so most of that money could be those licenses fees because those games appeared on every machine with a Screen

No...Marvel owns the right to Spider-Man games, not sony, and Marvel signed a deal with Activision.  Now, the game is supposed to follow along with the movie, and that's Marvel's call how that works out, not Sony's.  It would be interesting to have a situation with Sony and Activision fighting, while trying to produce a game, but ultimately, Marvel calls the shot.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

if i was sony i would have told them to suck my hairy beanbag

gebx said:
JEDE3 said:
I think you are right gebx.

So what do you think activision will say when that happens?

"See we have so much power we can tell other companies what to do and they'll do it"

maybe... I guess its lose-lose for Sony..

Also remember that Activision is not the only developer to said publicly that the PS3 needs a pricecut.

Most probably Sony is willing to cut price as soon as feasible, but it doesn't want to give away when too easily for at least three reasons:

1) It would kill sales before the cut

2) MS would have more time to come up with something to steal as much attention as possible from the cut

3) As many suggested, Sony could find convenient to combine the launch with some major game release and/or maybe PS3 Slim launch

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Taz! said:

MDMAniac said:

No. Activision talk BS to the public, and Sony probably send Activision a personal message.

Indeed:

Dear Bobby.

Considering what you said earlier, what can we do for you?

Love
Kaz.

Keep in mind that Sony is in no position to put up terms and 3rd parties having to agree to them.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

hmm. Activision only got $60 from me in the past 2 years and will get another $60 from me this year.

I don't think I will miss them much since I can still play COD on PC if I want to.