By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds to Activision Threat

I feel a bit of tough love on the part of A-B. Sony has a great machine but that entry price tag is just such a deterrent for people. It may be a bit of strong arming- but someone has to make that price cut come. Every week the price stays up is another week that the other consoles expand their lead.

Around the Network
TheThunder said:
heruamon said:
TheThunder said:
TheSteve said:
TheThunder said:
I would really want to see Sony calling this CEO bluff. I REALLY REALLY want him to go up tomorrow or next week and say MW2,GH ...etc will not be released on PS3 because I'm really interested in what choice of a career he is gonna have after this one.

Yes, because saving his company development costs in providing for the last place console is all lose for him...

This is a precarious position...  The DLC alone for CoD outsells Sony's exclusives.  Thus, without more content, they could conceivably sell more exclusives...  But this could prompt more developers to drop Sony.

could you tell me how can you explain to the shareholders the missing % in Profit when the yearly COD, GH are not released on the PS3 ?? in the business world if you cut a profit source you better have something as good or better to replace it

all this is a way to pressure sony to a price cut this is an empty thread I would bet my house(if I had one) if he ever gos throw with it

and BTW what the hell does Sony's games have to do with Act financial ??

They paid Sony $500 million...I think Sony would be in the bigger hurt locker...and I'm sure Activision would focus more on Wii projects.  I'm sure he's locking at EA Active on Wii selling like hotcakes, and thinking...hmmmm.....

doesn't Sony own the rights to the Spiderman movie games as well as James Bond games (I think they own all if not a large part of MGM) so most of that money could be those licenses fees because those games appeared on every machine with a Screen

Yeah they do. And wouldn't fucking Sony over fuck themselves over more than just losing PS3 profit. I mean.. would Sony allow activision these licenses? I could see if acti said "fuck you" sony could just be like "Oh yeah? well fuck you Ill give this to EA" And then activsion loses more than just the Ps3 but multiplat games too,.

superchunk said:
It should have said, "Fuck you! >:( " by the Kaz

Darn... you beat my to it... and by a long shot

4 ≈ One

sad news

I agree with the folks who say "fuck off" should have been the response from Sony.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

well lets say they did stop support. you know how many people would gobble up a 360 to play COD or MW. They're not going to care what some CEO said. They instead are going to go buy a 360 to play the game since they will be unable to on their PS3. Back to reality, thats not going to happen.
I think this has to do with DLC and eclusivity and other components. Sony doesn't seem to be doing bad to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't think if Sony cuts the price of the ps3, the world and their grandson will rush out to buy one?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:
I agree with the folks who say "fuck off" should have been the response from Sony.

I agree, it follows quite naturally from the previous statement that they made the PS3 difficult to develop for on purpose.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'll believe it when I see it, till then I'll choose not to believe it.

axumblade said:
Ajescent said:
I'll believe it when I see it, till then I'll choose not to believe it.

Probably for the best. I don't hold any extravagent expectations for what will happen when the PS3 does get a price drop, but I did see a huge leap in the amount of sales for the 360 last holiday season. Still, Microsofts campaign is a lot different from Sony's and Microsoft may end up dropping price again. So no one really knows. A lot of it is optimism that people in here are going by.

From personal experience, Vgchartz is not an accurate reflection of real world opinions. According to folks here, ps3 would sell 11ty billion consoles a minute with $100 price cut and rule the world when truth be told it's most likely to increase a bit for a few weeks then settle again when MS counter with their price cut.

EDIT: Forgot to add there will be folks who say they are refusing to buy it because it lacks PS2 BC.